MY COSTAR IS SUPPORTIVE

Xin Hulei brings them out of the chamber where the other ghost kings and the gathered demons are waiting. The screams of the three traitors can still be heard even through the thick stone slab.

Xie Bian and Fan Wujiu synchronise their movements to seal them inside, this time together.

"They're going to be very bored," Yao Shen says, thinking to himself that at least the five kings had the benefit of being unconscious.

"It's what they deserve," Ba Wang says, his voice filled with contempt.

Yao Shen smiles to himself. "Let's go back up to learn about what everyone else deserves."

---

It's clear the ghost kings are uncomfortable by the demons' presence in the administrative building, but are too scared to say anything.

Yao Shen takes charge and addresses the crowd. "Now that the traitors have been dealt with, there will be some changes around here."

Some of the ghost kings nod in easy acquiescence, others balk at the implications.

San Wang, a ghost king with a deep scar over his right eye is the first to complain. "We appreciate your help in sorting out this mess, but we've always acted in council. One-sided decisions is what got us into this mess in the first place."

Yao Shen grins. "I couldn't agree more."

It's clear the man doesn't expect to hear that. His strong jaw snaps shut with a loud click.

"However, maybe ghost kings shouldn't get to rule alone. It doesn't make much sense that people who are still alive, would rule over the dead." He shrugs. "I mean at this point, 'ghost' king is just a title. All you are is underworld immortals."

Yi Wang frowns, her high voice breaking through the din of complaints when she says. "That's not true. We are stuck here, same as all the other ghosts. Maybe you've forgotten that, because of your reincarnation, but ghost kings can't leave the Underworld."

"That's right! Why would the traitors even use you, if they didn't need you to do their dirty work for them?" San Wang asks, emboldened by Yi Wang's words. His eyes drift towards Xin Hulei, standing calmly at Yao Shen's side.

"He's not done speaking," Xin Hulei says, his cold gaze pinning San Wang in place.

San Wang falls quiet again.

"As I was saying," Yao Shen clears his throat, he can't help feeling like the arrogant young concubine who no one can go against, because the powerful Emperor is completely infatuated with her. "There are going to be some changes around here."

He points at the demons gathered in groups behind the ghost kings. "All of them are staying."

Xin Hulei has already told the demons this, so they have no reaction to Yao Shen's words, unlike the ghost kings who start complaining loudly.

"Who are you to decide that?" Yi Wang asks, all of her previous admiration for Yao Shen completely gone.

"Who are you to question me?" Yao Shen asks, his tone accusing. "Am I supposed to listen to the five idiots stupid enough to get themselves sealed away for two years?"

From his left side, come the muffled sounds of Fan Wujiu trying to suppress his laughter. Xie Bian is elbowing him on the side with an annoyed expression.

Yao Shen hopes he realises he's also an idiot he's lumping in together with the ghost kings.

"The funny thing is, things around here were already so fucked, that no one even noticed, and once they did, no one cared!"