Shattered (One Direction Fanfic)

July 23, 2073-

The morning was calm, just a regular summer day. Half the planet slept as the other half was being destroyed. The walls protecting each city failed. The walls had been constructed in every major city around the world to help keep things in control, but they couldn't protect from the inside. 

"Up! Out! Let's go!" the shouts from the armed men and women terrified the sleeping families. Things had to move swiftly for this to work.

Everything in what  the Eastern hemisphere was now being tightly controlled. Power was strong, and the Western world had no idea. This plan was flawless, and nothing went wrong. As long as the people cooperated and did as the new leaders said they would live, and no one would be harmed. 

Europe, Asia, Africa, and even Australia were under lock down. What was next?

Leader Jennings, the man who had formed this whole plan, made a deal with the world: do as I say, or die.

He wasn't joking and everyone knew it. The moment the world's power was turned off the frenzy began. There was no electricity, no fuel, nothing. The world began falling apart even more. 

Within a few months South America was begging to be pardoned, and they were taken over.

North America was the last continent, but it too was falling apart. Jennings had created fences on every inch of the border. All around the coasts, keeping what he saw as "foul creatures" out of his land.

North America was it's own prison.

People were starving and going crazy. The last straw was when the leaders of Canada, America, and Mexico were taken out. Jennings claimed that he had nothing to do with it so he wouldn't have broken the deal. But what did it matter to him? He had the world in his hands, why couldn't he just take the last three countries?

He must have enjoyed seeing the people suffer. Four years after the first attack order began to return to North America as five families came together and created a new "constitution". Jennings didn't like how they were able to begin recreating their lives and succeding. They realized they should stop wasting time on making weapons and energy because Jennings would somehow always stop them.

Instead they began farming, and living the lives their ancestors did over a thousand years ago. The population had intesnly decreased to less than 1/6 of the original population of the continent, but the survivors had hope. North America had now become one nation by the name of Mathus which had been split into five sectors and controlled by each of the begining families.

Jennings still felt a threat and as he grew older he became paranoid. He pannicked and began mass killing people in his areas. He wanted to get his people away from Mathus and so began with the countries closest to it. South America never saw it coming, and they were wiped out, although some people suspected they were next and tried overthrowing Jennings. Each attempt unsuccessful.

The last deal Jennings made before he died of old age was that every five years anyone over the age of fifty in Mathus was to be brought to Jens (the name of his base) and work there until they died. The people of Mathus agreed because 1- not many people made it to that age anymore and if they did they wouldn't make it much longer, and 2-they still feared Jennings. 

So every five years, the people over age fifty were taken to Jens and life went on. 

Normally the world would change over a thousand years, but not much does. The Mathus people still go on with the middle age ways, riding horse and carage every where, living without plumbing, the old fashioned ways seemed to be perfect. Every other place in the world was also strongly controlled, and they had no problem with this life because now they knew nothing more.

Every five years the people over fifty would also be taken to Jens, just as was decided so many years ago. The descendants of the same families rulled the five sectors in Mathus and everything was perfect in such an imperfect world.