Chapter 2

----

A few days have passed since you were found and brought back to the base. The side of your head was healing quickly but it still hurt a little. The past two days you've been combat training with some of the shadows since there was a mission coming up in a month. You looked at the clock. 2:13 pm. You decided it was time to take a break from all the training you've been doing and head down to the lounge. As you were gathering your things, Soap barged in. He looked like he ran down here. He had his hands on his knees as he was panting, trying to catch his breath. Gaz ran in behind him as he did the same too. Soap pointed a finger and laughed at Gaz.

"I BEAT YOU!" Soap was dying of laughter. Gaz huffed and walked away in annoyance. "I told him if he beat me down here I would pay him 20 dollars." He laughed again. "Anyways, Price needs us in his office for another briefing. I'm not sure how this one's going to go but he looked angry." You nodded in response and he walked out. Grabbing your things, you walked towards the door and out of the room. As you walked up the stairs and into the lounge, you heard some arguing between Ghost and.. was that König? You stopped halfway up the stairs, wanting to hear what they were talking about.

"You left your other teamates to die! Is that what you're going to do with Y/n? Just leave her out there to die?!" König shouted. A few sentences of German came out of his mouth but you couldn't quite hear what he said. You didn't know what he was talking about. Ghost spoke up, this time only being louder than him. "Of course not. I wouldn't ever leave her behind but if it's bad enough then yes, I'm going to have to! I'm not fucking soft like you! The mission is what's important in that moment, not the people around you." Getting fully up the stairs there was no one else around but them two and yourself. Ghost was about to speak again but he was cut off with König lunging at him, grabbing him by the throat and knocking the both of them to the floor. König was on top of Ghost as he tried to strangle him, not acknowledging that you had walked in the room. Ghost grabbed Königs hands that were around his neck. "GET THE FUCK OFF OF ME!" Ghost shouted at him, König only pushing harder on his neck. Ghost's airflow slowly cutting off. You ran over to the two, trying your best to pull König off of him. Harshly, König pushed you away, causing you to fall back. Ghost was able to move out of his grip, flipping the two of them over. He punched König as he put his hands up to Ghost's face, attempting to gouge out his eyes with his thumbs.

You didn't know what to do as you looked at the both of them in fear. You rushed to get up, almost falling in the process, as you ran out of the lounge to go find someone to help you get them separated. You bumped into Price as he was walking out of his office.

"Price, I-" you huffed as you were trying to catch your breath.

"Woah, is everything okay? What's wrong?" Price replied.

"König and Ghost are fighting and I couldn't get them to stop and it's getting out of hand and i think they are trying to kill each other." You spoke quickly. If Price wasn't listening, he would've never knew what you said.

"Okay, calm down. It'll be okay. Let's go find them." He put his hands on your shoulders in a way of trying to comfort you. You didn't want them acting the way they were right now. It pained you seeing both of your friends fighting like this. You and Price walked into the lounge, Ghost was on top of König with his knee pushing on his neck, cutting off his airflow. Price and you rushed over both pulling them away from each other. König started coughing as you pulled him up to his feet. You pat him on his back while he put his hand on your shoulder for balance. Price pulled Ghost up to his feet also. Ghost pointed at König and started running his mouth again in attempt to start another argument.