Chapter 12

----
Knock! Knock! Knock!

"Fucking hell." Simon mumbled under his breath as he got up from the bed. He grabbed your shirt from the floor and tossed it to you. You quickly put it on as he opened the door. It was Soap.

"Hey, Ghost? Have you seen König anywhere?" Ghost looked back at me and looked at Soap again. "When me and Y/n were in the living room, he walked out the door. I don't think he has came back yet. Why do you ask?"

"I was going to do some training with him outside but I'll wait for him to come back until then." Ghost nodded and went to go shut the door but Soap put his foot in the door, stopping it. "Hey, don't forget we leave at 6, in the morning." Ghost shut the door and walked back over to the bed. You sat up against the bed frame with your legs crossed. There was some silence for a while. Ghost stared off into space, taking glances at you every now and then. You finally decided to speak up. "I don't know how I feel about the mission."

He took his eyes off the floor and put them on you. "What do you mean?"

"I don't know, really. I just feel like something bad is going to happen. This is my first time sniping. What if I mess up?" You sighed as you spoke quickly. "Slow down, love. Everything will be fine." He smacked his teeth and spoke up again. "König will be sniping with you, too. You have nothing to worry about." You could hear the jealously in his voice but you acted oblivious to it. You put your elbow on your knee, leaning down and resting your head in your hand. "I also feel like something bad is going to happen to the team. Not just me sniping." You looked at him. He shifted to a more comfortable spot. He was now laying down with his hands behind his head, looking up at the ceiling.

"We'll all be fine. I'm sure of it. This may be one of our hardest missions yet but I know, we will get through it like it's a piece of cake. Just don't stress it." When it really came down to it, Simon was a great listener. He wasn't the best when it came to comfort but you thought he was getting better at it. This time, you felt better about how you felt rather than all the other times you've spoke to him about your problems. You smiled and laid down next to him. You put your head against his chest. He took his right hand from behind his head and wrapped it around you, pulling you into his embrace.

"Thank you, Simon." You softly spoke, a small smile across your face. "Of course, hun."

It was hard to not stress over it but it was best to try to just think about what he said. You knew you were probably overthinking the whole thing but he was right. Everything was going to be okay and you guys would get through it like it was a walk in the park. Or at least you hoped.

He rubbed small circles along your back. He lifted your shirt so it was easier for him to do. You began to get tired. You didn't want to take a nap just in case it made you not be able to sleep tonight. Just a small nap, I guess. "Simon?" You spoke as you looked up at him and he hummed in response. "I'm getting tired but I don't want to sleep so long that I can't sleep tonight." You moved your head back down and shut your eyes, waiting for him to talk. "How about I wake you up in an hour?" He asked and you nodded. "Alright, love. I'll wake you up soon. Get some sleep." You kept your eyes shut and soon dozed off, having a nightmare.

----

You were laying on the ground in the middle of the road, staring up into the sky. You couldn't move. All of the energy in your body was drained. You shut your eyes and you started falling in and out of consciousness. You opened your eyes and kept them open the best you could. You looked over to your right and noticed there were bodies around you. The same on your left. You looked down the best you could and your blood was all over you. You began to panic.

You took a deep breath and held it as you used as much as your strength as you could to get yourself to sit up. You sat up and exhaled. Shutting your eyes in the the process. When you opened them, you seen that these weren't just random people. They were Los Vaqueros and your people. Not yours exactly but Price's, too.

Your eyes went wide and you looked around. You seen some of the soldiers piled on top of each other while others just scattered around. You stopped looking around and rubbed your eyes with the palms of your hands.

"Y/n."

You quickly looked around and there was no one that could be calling your name in your sight. The voice was soft at first but it only began to get louder with each call.

"Y/n!"

You had to be going crazy. You plugged both of your ears with your index fingers and moved them around. You took them out and only heard the voice again.

"Y/N!"

You woke up to Ghost shaking you. You were breathing heavily and you couldn't catch your breath. You sat up and he put his hands on your shoulders. "Hey, hey, look at me. Calm down." You looked at him and teared up. "What's wrong? What happened, love? Tell me." He spoke softly and pulled you into a hug. You pulled away from the hug after a moment and spoke quickly.

"We were all on the ground and everyone around me was dead and it felt so real and- "

"Listen, slow down. It'll be okay. We aren't dead. No one's dead, okay?" He pushed your hair behind your ears and kept his hand on the side of your head. "Breathe, hun." He said softly. You took a deep breath and let it out. You sniffled and wiped your tears. "What time is it? Did I wake you up?" You hoped if he did try and sleep that you didn't wake him.

"I didn't sleep. I was wanting to protect you." He sounded so calm. It was peaceful. "You still have a little while if you want to still finish taking your nap. Do you want to do that?" He asked you, his accent sounding thick. "I'll try to sleep a little more, if that's okay?"

"Of course, love." He said. You laid back down and got back under the covers. He tucked you in and went to get out of bed. You stopped him. "Can you stay with me?" You didn't want him to be bothered by it but it was also understandable if he didn't want to be in the room any longer.

"I can.. I just didn't know if you wanted me to go or not." He got back in bed and laid down next to you. You hummed and moved closer to him, laying your head on his chest. You were so paranoid about tomorrow. Anything could happen. You've never felt this way before and you don't know why this time was any different. You pushed your thoughts back and finally fell into a deep sleep. This time, having a more decent dream.