March 26 2023

Eddie's POV

It has been a year and a half since I left Steve standing there. When I close my eyes I can still see his face when I grabbed my bag when walked out of the door. The part that hurts the most is...I havn't gotten a single call or text from him. It makes me wonder if he ever really loved me.
BUZZ BUZZ
I grab my phone hoping it was Steve but it was just Max. I haven't heard from anyone from Hawkins since I left. I was going to ignore her text but I thought maybe she was in troble and needed help so I answerd.

Hey Eddie! I know its been a while but I have something I need to ask you, Text me back when you get this.

Hey little red! whats up?

I sigh looking at my phone. Was something bad going on, are the kids okay, is Steve okay? There were so many things going through my head.

I was wondering if you could make it to Hawkins this weekend? Its Dustins birthday and I wanted to suprise him, he really misses you Eddie and this would mean so much to him.

SHIT! I forgot Dustins birthday was this weekend. I cant miss another one of his birthdays. He would never forgive me again.

I wouldn't miss it Max. Ill see you this friday, come over to my trailer at 3 on Friday.

WAIT TOMORROW IS FRIDAY FUCK! I'm going to have to leave tonight if I want to make it to Hawkins by 3 tomorrow. Why couldn't Max have texted me sooner? I just hope Steve isnt there I don't know if I can handle seeing him but I have to do this for Dustin and for Max. I love thoese kids way to much