March 26 2023

Eddie's POV

I have been driving all night and day to make it to Hawkins by 3. I look at the time on my phone as I pull into my Uncle Waynes and it says 2:50, perfect timing. As soon as I get out of my car I feel a pair of arms wrap around me. "Eddie you have no idea how much we all missed you" I can hear Max's voice crack when she said that. I hug her back and I can feel her start to cry. "Max don't cry its okay, i'm home for good now. well untill my next tour." I can feel her start to laugh as she pulls away from the hug. Max has been like a little sister to me, and i've been like a brother to her. We talk for a few minutes and then start driving to Dustins. I parked 3 blockes away that way nobody would see my van. Max already had a whole plan. First Max goes in and says she skated there, next I wait in my van for the first text from Max saying to walk to the front door, then the third part of the plan walk in and suprise. Max was only in the house for about 5 minutes before she texted me to come to the door. I get to the door and duck down that way nobody could see me outside. I was there for about 20 minutes when I got the text from Max to come in, she was waiting for everyone to be in the living room that way they could all be suprised at once. I swing the door open as fast as I can and run into the living room. I stand in front of everone and see all their jaws on the floor. "does anyoneone wanna play some D&D?" I say laughing. Dusin runs up to me and almost knocks me over. "Eddie what are you doing here? Who told you I was even having a party this year?"  I look at Max and she gives me the signal that i can tell him, so that exacty what I did. After catching up with all the kids Dustin took me into the kitchen to meet Will, Dusting said he was really into D&D so I was excited to meet him. We get to the kitchen and I introduced myself to Will and we talked for a few minutes. I excuse my self and walk outside for a cigarette, this has been the best day ever. I missed everyone so much and was so happy to see them again I almost forgot about one person, Steve. I light my cig and look out to the road when I saw them, Steve and Nancy making out in his car. I felt like I couldn't breath. I throw my cig on the ground and hurry back inside. I couldn't stand seeing them together. I walk back to the living room and see that Robin's in here now so I know it wont be long unt- My thoughts were cut off by the door swinging open. Me and Steve make eye contact and I just cant handle it. I go upstairs and sit in Dustins room. I look at the doorway and see Steve, "hey Eddie, can we uh, talk?"