𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 5

A/N: I will be splitting this chapter up into two parts to keep it from becoming a whole bible worth of words. Please enjoy!💖🧑🏾‍💻

Chapter 5
Word count: 4k
——————–———

For the rest of your life, you would never forget what you saw that night. You sat there, horrified, as screams rang out from behind you. You gazed down at Byakuya's lifeless body in a pool of his own blood. The man you had once considered a friend was now dead at your feet.

This discovery shocked everyone. Some were crying hysterically, while others had blank expressions on their faces. The students stood there frozen, unable to form coherent sentences to explain what they'd just witnessed and lust as you thought things couldn't be worse, a familiar squeaky tone laugh filled the air.

"Geez, things quickly took a turn for the worse and you guys think I'm heartless!" Monokuma cackled in a maniacal tone. Monokuma looked over at the students and smiled wickedly. "My, my, now things are finally getting interesting! On this tropical paradise known as Jabberwocky Island, the very firstl murder has taken place!"

"M-Murder?" was all that came out of your mouth. You were still in shock. This couldn't be true. You couldn't believe this; you didn't want to believe it. All these people were your friends. They would never do something so horrible to one another. But as much as you wanted to deny it, as much as you hated the idea of it, you knew deep down... Someone standing in this very room was a cold-blooded killer...

Monokuma continued his rant, but it all went in one ear and out the other. But from what you can recall, he further explained how class trials worked to you guys. We would have an hour to investigate the murder, then we would have to discuss and try to discover who the blackened was.

"Anyway, that's all from me. I wish you all the best of luck!" He giggled sinisterly. And with that, Monokuma disappeared, leaving us to wallow in our grief and despair.

You quickly rushed out of the dining room, trying to get as far away from the gruesome scene you just witnessed. You hoped to have some time to yourself and so you sat on a bench in the hallway.

Your knees were tucked up to your chest and your arms were tightly wrapped around them. You rocked back and forth slightly as a way to comfort yourself, but it didn't work. Hot tears rolled down your cheeks and you let them fall freely from your eyes. You chewed down on your bottom lip as you held back the painful cries that wanted to escape from your lips.

"Damn it...it wasn't supposed to happen like this...not like this..." you sobbed quietly. It wasn't fair, none of this was fair! You wished for nothing more than to be back home with your mom and sisters, watching movies together and hanging out all day without a care in the world. You wanted nothing more than for everything to be normal again. But you knew that couldn't happen anymore.

You felt completely helpless in this situation. It was like a sharp pain in your chest that wouldn't go away. You soon heard footsteps approaching and quickly wiped away the tears from your eyes and tried to look presentable before someone could see you.

The footsteps stopped abruptly right before you. You glanced upwards, only to find Nagito standing in front of you. His green eyes stared at you with a look of empathy, and his features softened into a concerned frown. You sniffled softly as you looked away from him.

"Hey, do you think you have room for one more?" His voice held no trace of malice, only genuine concern for you. You nodded your head and scoot over to make room for him. He took a seat next to you and sat quietly. You could feel his eyes staring at you, but you couldn't bring yourself to return his gaze.