𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 16

A/N: Yeah sorry for the late chapter. I wanted it to come out sooner, but you know how writer block can be sometimes. So I decided to make up for it by making this chapter a little longer than I usually make them. So strap in because this one is a doozy. Also don't forget to vote and comment it really makes my day!👩🏾‍💻💖

Chapter 16
Word count: 6.9k
--------------------

An awkward tension rose between the three of us as both you and Hajime stood frozen in front of the now-free Nagito.

"It feels like it's been so long since I've been able to talk to you two like this. I hope all has been well for you guys." Nagito said in his usual soft tone and sweet grin. How did he escape, and why was he here? A storm of questions raged in my mind as Hajime and you remained frozen, unsure of what to say or do next.

"Y/N, you look stunning. My, you're practically glowing in that outfit." He complimented you with a playful smile and a glint in his eyes. You didn't even spare him with a response. You simply stayed quiet and glanced the other way.

"Enough with the pleasantries, Nagito. What are you doing here?" Hajime asked impatiently.

"Well, there's no need to worry about a loser like me. More importantly, did you hear? Mahiru got killed this time." Nagito replied nonchalantly.

"Jeez, how horrible..." He sighed. "She was the heart of our group, always spirited and very eager to talk. For her to be killed...If only I could have taken her place, I would gladly have done it. But still, you guys will be able to shine because this outcome is full of despair, right!? That's right, no matter how dark the despair, hope can shine much brighter and stronger!"

"Hehe! Though I do feel bad for Mahiru, this is quite exciting! How will everyone overcome despair this time?" He cheerfully says. You could only listen in awe at his words. How could he speak so casually about Mahiru's death after all the time we've spent with her? It was like he had lost all feelings of remorse.

"So, why are you here!? Who told you about Mahiru?" Hajime asked again, getting annoyed.

"Now, now you don't have to make that scary face. I'll tell you, you know..." Nagito sheepishly chuckled, putting his hands up in a non-threatening way, "It was...Monomi."

Speaking of the devil, Monomi suddenly appeared in front of us. "Yes, it was me."

"Monomi, why'd you untie Nagito without telling us first?" You asked her.

"D-Did I do bad? I just wanted to get along...and, you know... cooperate..." Monomi mumbled.

"There's no way we'll get along! You already know what kind of guy he is!" Hajime protested.

"But...Fighting among friends is what Monokuma wants you guys to do." Monomi insisted.

"Hajime, you should forgive her. Monomi is making a valid point too." Nagito chimed in.

"You have no right to say that!" Hajime exclaimed.

"You guys!" You suddenly raised your voice, catching their attention. "Now is not the time to be bickering with each other. We only have a limited amount of time, so can we all please get to what we need to do?"

"Well, I already finished what I came here for. I saw the true ending of that game, so there's really no reason for us to be here." Nagito stated.

Your eyes widened at what he'd just said. "The true ending? What are you talking about?" You questioned.

"You really don't know about the second ending? I could show it to you, of course, if that's what you'd like." Nagito offered with a smile.

"No thanks, we'll be fine-OW! What was that for?" Hajime complained as you pinched his elbow and gave him a stern look.