𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 7

A/N: Probably my last update of the night. Mainly just a lot of talking with little action, but hopefully you enjoy! 💖👩🏾‍💻

Chapter 7
Word count: 5k
––––––––––––––––––

As the elevator slowly descended to who knows where, you couldn't help feeling anxious. The closer you got to the trial, the faster your heart was beating. You were trembling slightly, goosebumps started appearing again, and you felt sick to your stomach.

'There it is. There goes that feeling again.' You thought in your head. You sensed that something bad was about to occur, but you weren't sure what. "Hey, are you feeling alright? You look nervous." The voice snapped you out of your thoughts and you looked up to find yourself staring at none other than Nagito himself.

You sent a weak smile his way. "I'm fine...I just feel a little on edge." You told him.

"What's there to be nervous about? I'm sure we'll be fine." He said confidently.

"It's just with the death of Byakuya and now this. One wrong move and...We could all die. I don't want that to happen... I'm so scared right now, Nagi." You confessed in a whisper. Your voice was shaky and tears prickled at the corner of your eyes, trying your best to blink them away. You hated showing how vulnerable you were in front of others. It made you feel weak although it shouldn't have, but there was no point hiding it from Nagito.

You felt him snake his hand in between yours and give it a reassuring squeeze. Your eyes glance down at this in shock before meeting his once more. His pale green eyes stared warmly back at you with a soft and reassuring smile. "There's nothing to worry about because you have me, Hajime, and everyone else standing right by your side. Besides, you're a smart girl. I'm sure you can find out who the killer is." He assured you with confidence. His words made you smile and slightly blush.

"You always know just what to do to make me feel better. It's almost like if you can read my mind." You chuckled lightly at his statement.

"Don't flatter me too much. I'm just here whenever you need support." He told you.

"Thanks. That means a lot." You smiled back. You never realized just how much Nagito meant to you. You were even beginning to have a little crush on him.

But that's when a thought appeared in your head. What if Nagito was the killer? It seemed completely outlandish, mainly because Nagito would never do anything like that. He was a sweet person and cared about everyone. After all, he's been nothing but perfect to you since the day you met him. But over these past few days, you learned anything was possible.

You were brought out of your thought when you heard the door to the elevator open, which gave you a startle. Everyone began filing out of the elevator one after another as you stood there frozen for a moment. Nagito noticed and turned around, confused. "Aren't you coming?" He asked.

"Oh yeah, just give me a moment." You replied. He nodded and started walking away, leaving you all by yourself in the elevator.

You let out a deep breath and tried to calm your nerves down. Everything was going to be fine. As long as you kept calm and kept an eye out, everything should be fine. You weren't extremely religious or anything, but right in this moment, you couldn't help but pray to whoever would listen to your prayers.

"Oh, please, if you are listening. Please make sure to watch over for us. And keep us safe." You mumbled under your breath as you took your first step out of the elevator.

Your eyes roam all around the courtroom you were now in. It was a spacious courtroom with a high ceiling covered in dark wood. The walls were red with large benches that were empty and there was a large tablet hanging on one of the walls. Inside the middle of the courtroom was a podium, where we would all stand.