𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 10

Chapter 10
3.8k words
–––––––––––––––––––

We crossed the bridge to the entry of the second island, with some convincing for you, and were amazed by what we saw. This island had a completely different vibe from the first one. There were so many unknown areas you almost found it hard to take it all in.

"Wow, so this is the new island?" Hajime pondered. "It's a lot different from what I've imagined."

"I know, right? Ooh, what's that over there? We should go check it out!" You exclaimed as you took hold of his hand and basically dragged him around wherever your heart desired.

We arrived in front of what looked like an ancient rune. The building was enormous, with vines and ivy growing all around it. At first glance, it was just an abandoned building, but then it seemed oddly familiar...

"Wait, a second...Doesn't this place seem familiar?" You questioned.

"I don't know, but it feels like I've seen it before." Hajime replied as he too stared at the structure.

"Let's go see." But as we got closer, we noticed a familiar figure standing by the entrance. It was Chiaki, standing upright with her eyes closed and softly snoring.

"Chiaki? What's she doing here?" You asked as you nudged her, trying to wake her up. But it appeared Chiaki did not awaken or even hear you call her name.

So you did the next best thing. You grabbed her shoulders and began shaking her while yelling, "WAKE UUUUUP!"

"Hey stop that! You're gonna make her get a head injury." Hajime complained as he pulled you back.

"Oops, sorry, that's usually how I wake my sisters up." You apologized sheepishly.

Fortunately enough, Chiaki started waking up. "Huh, what? Oh, it's just you guys. Sorry, I dozed off a little."

"You didn't look like you were dozing, more like completely asleep while standing." Hajime murmured.

"Anyways, do you know what this huge building is?" You asked her.

"It seems like an ancient rune, but it reminds me of a special place." She answers.

"A special place?" Hajime and you asked in unison, glancing at each other.

"Mhm, now I'll check around a bit more. You guys just go somewhere else, ok." She stated firmly while puffing up her cheeks and pouting. You had a feeling she was mainly pushing us away so that she could sleep uninterrupted.

"Alright well, you better not just sleep the whole time we're counting on you to tell us everything you find." Hajime declared.

"Yup, I will." She said with a gentle smile. But right as we were about to leave, you suddenly stopped once you remembered you had something important to tell her.

"Huh? Y/N are you coming?" Hajime asked, glancing back at you.

"Yeah, I am. Just wait for me over there, ok." You explained.

He nodded his head and went ahead without you as you approached Chiaki once again. "Hey Chiaki, I was wondering if you wanted to join me for a sleepover?"

"A sleepover?" She asked.

"Yeah, I'm planning to have all the girls join so we can have a night full of fun together." You told her. She seems to think it over before smiling.

"Sure, that sounds fun and I could bring my games over for all of us to play." She suggested happily.

"That sounds great! Alright, I'll talk to you later." You replied before running back to find Hajime.