𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 11

Chapter 11
Word count: 2.6k
______________________

At the ruins, everyone was already there waiting for us, well, everyone except for Nagito.

"What the heck is this? Such a gigantic building." Nekomaru questioned, looking at it in awe.

"However, it's clearly faded...It looks like an ancient rune." Sonia said.

"I'm not exactly sure, but doesn't this look like a...School?" Mahiru asked.

Once she said that, you instantly recognized a resemblance. From the style of architecture and design to the layout of the building. This wasn't, in fact, an ancient rune but...Hope's Peak Academy.

"This is Hope's Peak Academy, but how did it get on the island?" Hajime wondered.

"Maybe Sonia was right about this being an artificial island." You muttered.

"Hm, what do you mean "artificial island"?" Akane questioned.

"While at the library, we discovered some information about the island and Sonia proposed that it could be man-made. You explained.

'That is unless what Monokuma told us about our memories was really true and if so, just how long have I been away from home?' You thought to yourself.

"So, Chiaki, you said you had something to show us?" Kazuichi asked. She nodded her head. "Look over there at the door." She gestured towards the large door on the rune.

We approached the entrance, not really noticing anything out of the ordinary. "So, what's wrong with the door? Can we go inside?" Mahiru questions.

"Try clearing off the dust and roots, then you'll see what I mean." Chiaki suggested. So as we cleaned off the door, we were shocked by what we found.

The door was highly advanced with locks, some writing, a passcode, as well as an armed gun on the door. "What's a door like this doing on an ancient rune? It looks like something straight out of a sci-fi movie." Mahiru said.

"And what's this symbol on the door?" Hajime asked as he ran his hand along the inscription.

"I think it might be in Japanese." Nekomaru responded.

"U-Um sorry if I'm wrong, but I think it says, "mirai", or, "future"." Mikan murmured.

"Who cares about some stupid symbols!? Can we find a way to open the door or not!?" Fuyuhiko shouted impatiently.

"It seems there's a keypad next to the door. Could they be connected?" Sonia inquired.

"It's worth a shot. Now, all we have to do is type in the password." Fuyuhiko declared.

"Acting all high and mighty...You know you can't just type in the password without a hint first." Hiyoko scoffed.

"It's not that difficult. All I have to do is punch in a couple of numbers." Fuyuhiko replied.

"Yeah right, are you out of your mind? That's way too dangerous." You retorted.

"Dangerous? How so?" He asked.

"Well, obviously there's a gun on the door and if you input the wrong password, you might get shot." You told him.

"Ugh, fine then I'll guess we'll just leave it alone..." He grumbled.

"But isn't it strange that they heavily guard a high-tech door like this?" Chaiki questions.

"I thought that too. Maybe if we open it...We might find a way to leave." You pondered.