𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 15

A/N: Happy late Christmas guys!!🎄❤️ I've missed you guys and I'm sorry for not uploading in a while, but I'm finally on break so hopefully I can write more frequently👩🏾‍💻💖

Chapter 15
Word count: 3k
––––––––––––––––––—–

Why...The word seemed to repeat inside of your head nonstop.

Why...Why...Why...Did it have to be Mahiru?

Mahiru Koizumi, the Ultimate Photographer. Although she could come off as bossy at times, she was always so caring towards us. It seemed no matter what happened; she found a way to stay optimistic.

But yet...Why did things have to come to this?

While Ibuki went to locate the rest of our group, the rest of us had no choice but to wait patiently for their arrival.

The beach house had become too overwhelming for you, so you opted to stay outside. You silently sat by the shore, gazing out at the sea in a daze.

You were sitting there for who knows how long until you heard someone plop down next to you. When you glanced over, Hajime was there, and an uncomfortable silence settled in until he broke it.

"Hey..." He mumbled, not sure of how to start the conversation.

"Hey..." You responded before looking back out onto the water.

"How are you holding up?" He asked carefully.

You let out a shaky sigh before burying your face in your hands. "I honestly don't know anymore, Haji..." You muttered.

"It'll be alright, we've been through this before, so I know we can get through this again." He tried his best to reassure you.

"But that's the problem!" You suddenly exclaimed, feeling all of your pent-up feelings rise within you. You lowered your head and cradled your knees as tears began welling in your eyes. "We were finally getting back to normal and having so much fun until now. This wasn't supposed to happen again... I don't know how much more I can take of this. If this continues, I don't think I'll remain the same person I am right now..." You admitted.

Another silence followed shortly after. You had half expected him to get up and leave you alone with my feelings, but you were proven wrong when he pulled you into a tight hug.

He then let go, seemingly also taken aback by his actions with his face red in embarrassment. "M-My bad! You just seemed really stressed about all of this... So I thought I'd give you a hug." He apologized.

This made you smile and wipe the tears from your eyes. "No, it's fine. I really needed one right now." You assured him as you brought him into another hug tight, which he happily returned.

As if he had done this a thousand times before, he knew just what to do to make me feel better. You were glad to have such a reliable friend like him to help cheer you up.

You stayed there for a while until we saw the others arrive at the beach house. "Do you wanna try going back inside?" Hajime asked hesitantly. You sighed and gave him a short nod.

He slowly stood up and pulled you up as well, before we both began walking back towards the beach house to meet the others.

• • • •

Once everyone was gathered at the beach house, we received our Monokuma files and began looking through it.

The murder took place inside the beach house at 3:00 pm. The cause of death was a single blow to the head with a blunt object and there were no other external injuries or substances used.