𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 12

Chapter 12
Word count: 3.3k
–––––––––––––––––––

"Aww man, another F! My mom is gonna beat my ass." Ayesha groaned. We had just gotten off of school and we're currently heading home.

"Don't worry Esha it's only one F," Kayla reassured. "Anyway, what did you get on your report card N/N?" She asked.

"Oh, just some C's and a few D's." You shrugged.

"Is your mom fine with you having those?" Kayla raised her eyebrow in disbelief.

"She wasn't at first, but afterward she just kinda got used to it." You casually replied.

"Yeah not everyone is a goodie tooshoes like you, Kay." Ayesha snickered.

"I am not a goodie tooshoes. I-I just have scary parents." Kayla huffed indignantly. We stopped by a gas station and bought some drinks. We took a seat outside and peered across at the beautiful setting sun as it cast a golden glow over everything it touched.

"I can't wait to finally leave this fucking place." You sighed as you took a sip of your drink.

"What why? I think it's pretty nice." Kayla asked.

"Trust me, you haven't been here long enough to see what it's really like." Ayesha says.

"Yeah, it's filled with nothing, but shitty people who treat others even shittier to help cope with the fact that their lives are fucked up. I don't wanna be that type of person or live that kinda life." You explained.

"Well, what kinda life do you want?" Kayla wondered.

You paused thoughtfully before responding, "I want a commercial life like the one in the movies. Nice big houses for miles, actually good schools where there aren't fights every day, and not having to wake up to the sounds of gunshots every morning." You finished.

"Like those rich white people who get to kick back and live their life freely without a care in the world." Ayesha chuckled.

"Yeah, that does sound kinda nice." Kayla smiled softly.

"If I ever make it out of the hood, I wanna live in a big mansion and I wanna take you guys with me." You softly giggled.

"Yeah, and it'll have several rooms with an indoor theater ooh and a pool!" Kayla squealed.

"Mhm, and a balcony with a good view so we can sit back and watch over everything together." Ayesha agreed.

You chuckled, before raising your drink, "To a better life." You proposed.

"Cheers!" They exclaim as we all clink our drinks together.

• • • •

You were suddenly woken up when you felt a harsh kick to your side, which resulted in you letting out a loud yelp as you fell on the floor.

You groaned and glanced over to see Akane sprawled out on your bed, still slumbering peacefully after pushing you off of your bed. You lightly glared at her as you rubbed your side and noticed your sudden outburst had caused the other girls to stir awake.

Sonia rose up and yawned loudly before stretching her arms. "Good morning girls, what time is it?" She asked.

"I'm not sure, but it's still dark out, so probably before the morning announcement." Peko replied, placing her glasses on her face.