𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 6

Chapter 6
Word count: 3k
–––––––––––––––––––

"Hey Hajime, check it out! It's Byakuya's hut." You exclaimed, pointing at one of the many huts.

"You're right it is. Let's go look inside. You never know what we might find." Hajime replied.

We walked over to the front porch and you attempted to open the door, but of course, it was locked.

"Great, now what do we do? The only person who had the keys was Byakuya and I don't think it's considered respectful to pickpocket a dead person." Hajime groaned.

You stood there and began pondering another way into the hut. That's when a lightbulb went off in your head. "Hold on, Hajime, move out of the way." You quickly ordered.

"What are you gonna do?" He asked curiously.

"I'm gonna bust through the door, duh!" You explained to him.

"What!? No way, that's a terrible idea!" He shouted.

"Oh, calm down. I've done this plenty of times to my sister's I'm sure it'll work." You reassured confidently as you began backing up. He saw just how serious you were and immediately moved out of the way. You took a deep breath before charging full speed towards the door. You charged your leg up, ready to swing until a sudden voice shouted, "WAAAIIITT!"

You stopped right in your tracks and peered below to see Monokuma standing there. "And just what do you think you're doing!? You know damaging school property is against the rules!" He angrily scolded you.

"It's not like that at all! W-We were just..." You stammered, trying to come up with a believable lie.

"We were just trying to get into Byakuya's hut, is all." Hajime quickly answered, and you nodded your head in agreement.

"Is that so...Well why do you need to get inside?" Monokuma questioned.

"It's for the class trial. We need to see what's inside." You add on.

"For the class trial? Hmm...If it's for the class trial, there's no way I can refuse!" Monokuma exclaimed.

"There's only one spell that can open these doors. Va-Va-Valuse!" He shouts and the door suddenly opens.

"See it's open? Now, you can investigate to your heart's delight!" He told the both of you before disappearing.

"Wow, I can't believe that actually worked." You mutter, dumbfoundedly.

"Me either. Come on, let's go." He tells you as he walks inside.

The hut was fairly simple, with a large canopy bed, a few pieces of furniture, and loads of books. We began looking around and that was when we noticed something. It was an envelope sitting on a table with the words, "To Byakuya Togami" written on it.

"That's weird. There's no sender on the envelope." You commented as you examined it.

"That's pretty suspicious. Let's check inside." We opened it up and there was a note that said: "BE CAREFUL! The first kill will happen tonight. Someone will definitely kill someone." You gasped and places your hand over your mouth in shock. The note sent chills down your body and goosebumps rose all over your arms and legs.

"Oh, my god. Who could've written this?" You whispered as you felt your heartbeat quicken.

"I don't know... The handwriting is too scratchy and I don't recognize it, but it looks like they were trying to warn Byakuya." Hajime says, frowning.