Chapter 1: July 2, 1992

"Ms. Collins, We need you to stop pushing! Your baby's cord is wrapped around her neck"
The doctors frantically Stabilized this crack addicted baby girl. After 2 hours of pushing and resting, in the early morning hours of July 2nd 1992, Zya Shatone Colbend was born. She was quickly cleaned and taken away to the NICU.

9 Months Earlier...

"Bitch! I don't want no damn eggs! Get up and go get us a hit. Don't bring back less than a 50" Darrell shouted in Nia's face.
Nia & Darrell had been married for 6 long horrible years. Not only was he a broke nigga, he was the one to turn Nia, a high school graduate, onto crack cocaine. Darrell was abusive. Physically and mentally. He broke Nia down, from a beautiful and thriving young lady to nothing but a broke, crackhead, pussy slangin hoodrat. Nia hated him. But she just couldn't bring herself to leave him.
"D, I really don't feel good. You gone have to get your own hit today" Nia said sickly from the couch where she was laying.
Had her eyes been open, she would have been able to prepare herself for what happened next.
Darrell leaped from the lazy boy, and with huge heavy steps, approached Nia and snatched her from the couch by her short hair. She screamed in agony, as Darrell unleashed his wrath on her that day. He beat her senseless, choked her, then after she lay motionless on the floor of their trashed project apartment, he raped her countless times.
When Nia awoke, she found that she couldn't open her eyes. Her skin was hot and slick from her own blood. Sharp pains shot from her vagina and anus. Confused, and not remembering why she was in so much pain, she called for Darrell.
"What bitch?!" He yelled as he slung the bedroom door open.
"What the fuck you callin me for?! You ready to get my hit? Or you want more of this dick" He said in a tone that made Nia gag and vomit all over the floor next to the bed. This pissed him off even more.
"You dumb ass bitch!" He said with his strong hands around her neck. She pleaded with her eyes for him to release her. Somehow this worked. Because he climbed off the bed and before leaving the room he looked back at her.
"Get yo fat lazy stankin ass up, clean up that nasty ass mess you made, clean yoself up, then get out there and make my fuckin money and get my fuckin drugs. Bitch if you come in here wit less than a 50 and less than 30 dollars, Today gone be the day you die. Now get the fuck up" Darrell said, and shut the door behind him. Nia pulled herself into the sitting position, put her hands over her face and cried quietly. She knew not to play with Darrell. But she was holding quite a secret from him. Earlier that morning, she'd gone to the clinic while he was sleeping. They gave her a pregnancy test which read positive. She never had a doubt about Darrell being the father because he was insistent on her wearing condoms while she tricked for drugs and money. She hadn't used that day and she was feenin for a hit.
She composed herself, showered and did her hair. She slipped into her favorite "work dress" and heels and headed for the streets. Her first customer is always for her. So that she can get a hit of her own and a pack of Newports for her time. She broke the young boy off and he paid her. Her first stop was Angel's. Angel's was a bar, located on Joy Rd and Greenview. It always attracted rich niggas and dope boys on behalf of its owner Mr. PK. She spotted many cars in the parking lot. Nice cars too. She decided she'd go in, have a drink, maybe cop and catch a customer. She joined the party, pregnant and all. Using cocaine, smoking cigarettes and drinkin. She was happy, having a great time. She had pulled a few custos, and had her quota before 2am. But there was one particular customer, that she had mad respect for. Mr. PK. He got his dick sucked in his office and put her on game. "You sexy as shit" he said, looking her up and down.
Nia was beautiful. 5'6, light brown skin, short curly hair and the body of a goddess. Her hazel green eyes sent most men over the top for her.
"Dat nigga u wastin yo time with, he ain't doin u right" PK said to her, straight up.
"You can be workin for me, makin 800 a day" He said from his big leather office chair. She could clearly tell he was about money just by the decor of his office. He had four big windows across the wall, which allowed him to look down at his business at any given moment.
"You see all them ballers down there baby girl? You see all that money they spendin on you and all the other bitches in here? Come get down with me shawty and imma make sure you straight. D can't handle you. Got you sellin ass for what? Some drugs & petty money? Nah u better than that bae"
By then, he'd risen from his chair and stood close behind her at the edge of one of the big windows. Nia knew she wanted to live better. Roaches and Coke wasn't her idea of living good.
She looked back at PK, who had this reassuring smile on his face. Nia's life changed drastically from that night on.

She had a 8ball, A pint of Hennessy, 2 packs of Newports and 50 dollars extra. Now just because Darrell was mean, he was a excellent lover. He stroked Nia with such apologetic power. Tonight she planned on having sex with him. For the last time. She walked into their apartment, and was bombarded by darkness. She was really hoping he wasn't home, but she highly doubted that as she turned the corner into the kitchen. She saw two dirty plates in the sink, and a few pots on the stove. She'd come to the conclusion that he'd made dinner. Oh well. She stepped further into her home. At this point, she could smell the weed smoke coming from her bedroom. This sent her into overdrive because Darrell doesn't smoke weed. Just crack. Go figure.
Nia pushed her bedroom door open.
The first thing to hit the floor was the Hennessy bottle.
She stood in complete shock, as she watched Karielle from the 6th floor bounce up and down on her man. The man she had just sold her pregnant body for. The man that had beat her anytime something went wrong. She couldn't believe him.
He pushed Karielle off him and tried to comfort a still shocked Nia.
Nia pushed away from him and raced from the apartment. She wouldn't see Darrell, her baby's father, again for 17 years....
Nia ran straight to the man who had just offered her everything. She drove back to Angel's and signed her name In blood.