Chapter 13: Worst Birthday Ever

Somebody pulled her to the ground. Whoever it was, they barely waited for her to get up. She couldnt see. Liquor had gotten in her eyes. Niggas shot her party up. She knew it was PK when he scooped her up over his shoulder. He & his homies raced up the back stairs. Once into the office & behind the door, PK kissed her, as he tucked her body between the couches.
"Baeeeee!! What type of party is thissss?!" Now Zya was crying. He looked so calm, unbothered, as Damu loaded up a big gun. She was scared, but she somehow knew everything was gonna be okay. She closed her eyes.
The gunfire started shortly after they retreated but it seemed to go on forever. Every so often, he would yell for her. She would respond, letting him know she was okay. Soon, the guns stopped poppin. Everything was quiet. Damu, raised his pistol as he stuck his head up to look for the shooters.
"They gone my nigga..." Damu said.
"Maaaannn what the FUCK?!" Pk hollered. He couldn't believe this. The party was ruined. He was gonna present her with the Truck. All of that was ruined. He was livid. His phone began to ring.
"Lets go. Get the fuck up, errbody and lets go. This bitch waaayyy too hot. Mu, is the basement on lock?" He asked, clearly panicking. He had work downstairs. He had cash downstairs. He had a dead body downstairs. He had no room to be at the scene when the police arrived. Zya got up, missing one of her brand new shoes. Her knee was scraped up bad. Damu carried her down, behind G and Boo. They crept down quietly, each with guns drawn. The spot was empty. Shot the fuck up. Glass, liquor and high heeled shoes littered a path towards the exit. Damu and Boo secured the front, pressing the button to draw the security armour. PK set his alarm and rushed out. They stabbed out, 4 cars deep. They each got on the freeway toward downtown. Zya was still shaking. She silently cried. What was this type of lifestyle was she getting into?
"Bryan what the fuck was that?!" She asked.
"Bae. I do not know. I honestly dont. But please believe that I'm gonna find out. Believe that." He said urgently. She could tell he was sincere. She could tell he was scared. His neat bun was now disturbed. His phone rang.
"Blllooooodddddd niggas shot my shit up tooooo!!! What the fuck is goin on around this bitch?! Where you at??" Twinn shouted through the car speakers.
"We on our way to my crib. Everybody good, come through" PK said.
"Iight. Im bouta hop on 96 now." She said, ending the call.
Minutes later, they arrived home. Each car lined up, everybody simultaneously hopping out, guns drawn. They took the service elevator. As soon as they made it in, Twinn called letting them know she was arriving and on her way up. The group sat at their brand new dining room table.
"Yo twinn, we under attack my g. Shit about to get reeaall ugly real quick.." Ayani said, still pissed about her crib.
"We gotta lay low and to be honest imma take Tierra and the girls outta town for a while." G said, still shook.
"Thats a good idea. Im goin outta town too then." Ayani said, now looking at her Note 5.

PK looked at Zya. He could see the disappointment and sadness all over her face. He had ruined her 18th birthday party and he hated himself for it at this point. Soon, Zya dismissed herself from their circle and headed for her bedroom. She started a bath and undressed looking at herself again in the full mirror. She had scrapes and glass all over her feet. She was horrified. She began to cry. She could have died. Any of them could have died. And to think that niggas really on the hunt now, showing up at peoples residence. That didnt sit well with her. Just as she was slipping into the hot water, PK bursted into the bathroom.

"It was Angel! Look at this text." He was heated, his face was red.

"Funny how the tables turn huh? Im mad you alive but I guess I should have figured that. Cute move how you protected yo lil girlfriend. Tell her I said happy birthday. See Yall Soon...."

Zya handed him his phone back. Something about that message really creeped her out. She was there. And she purposely destroyed her birthday party.

"When you done, pack up. We going outta town too. Ayani got us a lil timeshare spot in Tahoe for a week or so. We will be leaving Tomorrow night so have all ya shit together." PK said pacing the bathroom. Just then he froze. He looked toward the tub. Zya was submerged up to her neck in hot water and vanilla almond bubbles. He kinda lost his train of thought, just looking at her. She was priceless. He surprised himself with the feelings he felt for her. It had to be real. She had the rock on the counter to prove it. He showered her with jewels and clothes but for her birthday, and the party Angel ruined, he was gonna show out. 

After her bath, PK had ordered them some Dominos and they were on the couch watching a movie. His phone chirpped once again.

"I see you moved out the apartment. Cool. I see how things are. How could you just throw me to the curb? How could you? I thought you loved me..."

Typical Angel shit. He blocked her number and snuggled Zya closer. Soon the pizza had arrived and they were eating. This time Zya's phone rang. It was Lexi. 

"Dont tell that bitch shit." PK said.

She answered.

"Whats up Lex?" Zya said with a mouth full of Pizza.

"Whats up?! Your party is whats up bitch thats the talk of Detroit right now. Damu wont tell me shit girl whats going on?" Lexi said barely breathing.

"If you called me for info Lexi, I aint got it. Im just as confused as everybody else. I dont know what happened...." Zya said, tired of her already.

"Uuumm hmmm.....Probably something to do with that rich ass fiance of yours. You know he slang dick all over town. I know a few bitches he fucked just last week...." Lexi said, throwing mad hate on them. It was cool because she was on speaker.

"Yooouuu loud mouth hoe, you dont know shit. But I know how Rob, Corey, Smoke and JayB ran a train on yo trashy ass. I know that for a fact bitch I was there. Dont call my bitch phone no more you hateful ass tramp!" And with that, the call was ended. Zya looked at PK.
"I know you aint about to listen to this raggedy bitch. She hatin. She mad cuz her nigga treat her like shit" He said, instantly gettin pissed.
"I know baby. Its cool." Zya said, grabbing another slice from the half empty box. They stayed on the couch all night, eventually falling asleep.

The next morning...
Zya woke up alone. Three jewelry boxes sat on the table before her. She got up quick, reaching for the first. He bought her a Pandora bracelet, with a single diamond encrusted 18 charm on it. He also got her another chain and hoop earrings. Her official birthday was tomorrow. As she was admiring her gifts, PK walked in with two full hands of bags. He bought her a pair of tall high heeled boots, skinny jeans and a beautiful blouse.
"Here, get dressed...is your shit packed? We leavin in two hours"