Pre 9: Anticipation.

I could not move. I could not breathe. My daughter was standing in front of me. I knew it was her. I saw so much of Darrell as I looked into her face. She was so grown, looking like a woman. I couldn't believe it. Almost 18 years since I'd seen my baby. The look on her face made me think she recognized me too. Maybe she felt my heartbeat. Im sure it was becoming in sync with mine just off being in her presence. PK looked good too. But it concerned me. Why is he wrapping his arms around my baby like she's his woman? I know how he operate. I stood there praying he Didnt have her out her trickin....lord...

I sat there sippin my drinks for hours on end. They finally walked into the building. I expected to see PK about a loan until I get on my feet here. All of that had changed. I didn't want my baby seeing me borrow, although she has no idea she's my baby. PK dotted on my baby. Treated her like she was loved and I appreciated that. PK knew I was pregnant. And once he found out, he'd sent me on my way. He told me he ran a brothel, not a daycare. He gave me $400 and a ride home.

.....
Once Nia left Darrell, she was assed out. She decided to be spiteful, having the water, lights and gas cut off at the apartment where Darrell and Now Karielle were staying. She had the utilities switched over to a small crusty roach infested apartment, that she was able to get from her money she made at Angel's. Nia did drugs, but she wasn't stupid. She paid her bills to make sure she always had somewhere to lay her head after her bullshit....She'd fucked around and ran into Zyon Shatwan Colbend, which is her current husband, at the corner store. She was high as fuck, at 7 1/2 months pregnant she was big as hell. He looked at her and he saw something. Through her glazed eyes he saw potential. So he communicated with her all the way until her due date. She had called him when she was in labor and he even took her to the hospital. He stayed with her all the way, even naming her new baby girl, Zya Shatone Colbend, after him. He stayed until the doctors snatched baby Zya from her. He stayed and held her as she screamed horrifically as her daughter was being taken to a safer home....