42. Déjà Vu

"You have a way with men, Finley," Sharon tells me. She hasn't really asked about my progress with Bucky up until today since she's been so busy with sharpening her skills. I told her almost all of the details that I could, even the most recent development of actually having him and Rogers being in the same room together. It's because of me that Bucky cooperates.

I'm almost on my way to go see him, I know Rogers is with him now. When I'm not there, he is. I know Bucky secretly enjoys it, he just won't admit it. Thank God he listened to me to give Rogers another shot.

"I guess you could say that." I ruffle out my hair so that it falls into gentle waves. "But I'm not the only one."

"What?"

"Don't think I don't hear you talk to yourself sometimes. You let things out in your sleep too." I grin mischievously.

Sharon turns pink. "You won't tell him."

"What if I do?"

"I'll make you pay."

I laugh. "Sharon, no worries. I won't tell him."

Her face softens. "Thank you. I'm hoping once things settle down I can try to get a date out of him."

"It'd do you both some good," I say.

"Hey, when you get him all fixed up, we should double up."

"We're in Europe, hiding, and we're seriously discussing this?" I ask.

"We need to have some normalcy, don't we?"

I can't disagree with her. And I notice how she says "when" not "if". She has confidence in me. But I know she's just hoping that she doesn't have to be alone on the date she's making up in her head. Though Sharon is a S.H.I.E.L.D. agent, she's still a young woman who wants nothing more than something stable in the chaotic world she lives in.

"Are you sure you don't want me to push him in that direction?" I ask her as I'm near the door. "I'll be going down there, and I know he'll be talking with Bucky. Maybe I can slip in a good word."

"I appreciate the help, but it won't be needed."

I wave goodbye to her before I go down the familiar halls to Bucky's room.

I've spent so much time with him lately that I haven't really seen Natasha, or Agent Barton, or Agent Hill, or Director Fury. They must have important things to tend to, so that's why I don't see them around a lot. What if one of the important things is Jessabelle?

I still love it, how she's in our care now. She's not escaping. She's got to get through a lot of top agents here to get out alive. I wouldn't be too upset if they killed her. There's only a small part that would hate it just for the sake that she's my sister. My sister who murdered Vanessa, my other sister.

I shake my head. I'm glad my parents haven't joined either cause. They're still unaware of what their daughters have undergone in recent months. They're living a normal-as-can-be life. But what if Hydra finds them and uses them to get Jessabelle back from us?

I erase the thought immediately. I'm sure S.H.I.E.L.D. hid my parents well enough. I trust them with that.

I'm about three-quarters of the way to Bucky's room when I hear frantic footsteps galloping behind me. I spin around to see Sharon, running as though her life depends on it, towards me.