Chapter 7:An encounter so sudden;

Atharva got up and headed towards the stage. All the girls from the crowd were already applausing.

The staff brought a chair and Atharva with his guitar in hands sat upon the chair.

The music plays in the background-
Meanwhile, Athrava checked the cords of guirar to make sure it is right.

He just closed his eyes, his one hand holding the top of the guitar and the fingers of his other hand on the strings. Now, he started singing...

(Khwaab hai tu...Nind hoon main,
Dono milen... raat baney;
Roz yahi maangun duaa, teri-meri baat baney, baat baney...
Instrumental*)

For once again, the girl came into his thought while he had closed his eyes and was busy singing. And suddenly he stopped singing. And everyone there, just got shocked. But just a few seconds after, he somehow again managed to focus upon his song.

(Main rang Sharbaton ka, tu meethe ghat ka paani,
Main rang Sharbaton ka, tu meethe ghat ka paani,
Mujhe khud me ghol de toh, mere yaar baat bann jaani,
Main rang sharbaton ka tu meethe ghat ka paani)

(This was the song he was singing, and the crowd couldn't stop cheering him up, especially the girls were going crazy behind his voice.)

Atharva, finally completed with his performance and everyone was clapping and praising his voice. After he got down the stage,Nitin caught a sight at him and saw him quite tensed. He went to Atharva and hugged him praising his singing.
Nitin- Bro, you did an amazing job today. You rocked the whole stage with your performance.

Atharva-(in low voice and faking a little smile) Thanks Nitin!

Nitin- Heyy!! what happened now? You seem to be a little tensed. Is everything okay???

Atharva- (in loud voice)NO! NOTHING IS OKAY! NOTHING IS OKAY! AND I JUST KNOW WHAT IT IS. WHY IS THIS ALL HAPPENING.

Atharva- You know what, even while singing today, that girl's thought striked me.

I just cannot understand why is this happening. Especially, these days.

These days I am getting quite a more, than usual, dreams of her. And I am just feeling too restless.

Just when Atharva was telling all this to Nitin, the organiser called up all the participants on the stage.

Nitin- Okay relax! Don't think much. Go to the stage they are calling up the participants.

Atharva went to the stage.

Organiser- I'm sure you all must be excited to know the winner of this event. So, all the girls and boys give a great round of applause for our winner who is none other than Atharva Malhotra.

Atharva finally had a real smile on his face. He forgot about those thoughts for a while. The chief guest came to the stage and handed the prize to Atharva.

The event came to an end with photo sessions. Atharva moved towards his home on his bike meanwhile, waving his hand to Nitin for saying him bye.

He was on his way to home when suddenly a girl came running in front of his bike. Atharva somehow managed to put a brake.

The girls' hair were on her face and she was slowly moving her hairs besides her ears. She raised her eyes looking at Atharva.

Atharva was in total shock.

(Who that girl could be? And why was she running in middle of the road? Why was Atharva so shocked on seeing her?To know all this, wait for the next chapter of the story.)