Chapter 11: An announcement or a step towards Naina's future destruction?

Atharva finally reached at the college.There was a little more rush in the campus than usual.

The staff announced at the mic that the Deen has ordered for all the students to gather near the stage.So, all the students moved towards the stage hall and formed queues.

The faculties were right there standing near the stage. Deen arrived and stood in front of the mic.

Deen- Good morning students!

Students- Good morning sir!

Deen- As you all already know that every year our college takes part in the inter-college competition in which all the big colleges of the city takes part. And only one among them is considered winner at the end of competition.

There will be different rounds-
1. Chess competition
2. Cycling
3. Dance
4. Hockey competition
5. Singing competition

Deen- Hence, the students who are interested in taking part in any of these please give your respective names to Miss Malti during the recess.

Atharva went to give his name in the singing competition. Miss Malti got happy that this time too Atharva is taking part in the singing competition.

Since last two years, Atharva has brought gold medals in singing for the college.

He had made the whole college proud. No one can beat him in singing.So, she wrote his name at first in the list.

At Naina's house-

Everyone were sitting in the centre hall at the dinning table and were having breakfast cooked by Naina.

Naina was serving them food just when Shalini announced a news that left Naina totally stumped.

Shalini- I have talked to our family's Pandit ji about Naina and Samarth's engagement and he said he will soon find a good day for the engagement ritual.

Vikrant- Oh wow! That's such an amazing news.

Samarth- Naina, soon you are going to be mine FOREVER.

Naina didn't say anything. She was just standing there all numb.

Shalini, Samarth and Vikrant looked at Naina with an evil face as if seeing her hurt was their greatest achievement.

Naina's eyes filled with tears. She ran towards her room just when her college friend Riya called her.

Naina on seeing her call, wiped her tears and took the call.

Naina- Hii Riya! How did you remember me today all of sudden?

Riya- Heyy Naina! Do you know our college is taking part in the inter-college competition.

Naina- Yeah I know. What's new in this. It is being held every year.

Riya- Yes and you never take part in the competition. But this time I want you to participate in the singing competition.

Naina- Riya. This is not possible. I won't take part in any competition.

Riya- Oh come on Naina, you have to. The whole college knows how good singer you are at singing. You have to participate at any cost.

Naina- Riya please don't insist me this much. I can't.

Riya- I don't know anything, you are taking part and that's final. Even our teacher Miss Priyadarshini wants you to take part in the competition.

She only told me to convince you for this.

Naina- What does Miss Priyadarshini herself told you?

Riya- Yes Naina thatswhy I'm insisting you so much.

Please say yes. And come to the college and give your name among the participants.

Naina- Okay then fine! I am coming there in half-an hour.

Riya- Yeyyy! Finally!

Naina gave a little smile.

(Precap: Just a competition of singing or is there something else written by the universe in disguise of the competition? To know follow up the next chapter.)