Chapter 20: Always going to protect you !

A week passed.

The preparations for the weddings had already started at Naina's house.
From decorators, to caterers, to videographer, to the shopping for marriage everything was in full swing.

Meanwhile, Naina was sitting near her balcony, drowned in the memories of her childhood. Ever since, her parents passed away, not a single day went where she didn't missed them.

Right now, she was going through a very emotional phase. She needed someone to comfort her. And all she could thought of at that moment was Damyanti.

Damyanti was the only one she could rely upon. So, she went to see her. The moment she knocked the door, a girl (of same age as Naina) opened the door. It was none other than Drishti (Damyanti's daughter, also Naina's long lost childhood friend). The moment Naina saw her, she hugged her tightly. Tears burst out of her eyes.

Drishti consoled her. Though, she was living in abroad all this while, nothing was out of her knowledge. Her mother already told her about everything, Naina has been going through lately.

Damyanti upon hearing the voices, showed there too. They brought her inside the house.

Naina(smiling)- How are you Drishu !! It's been long since we met. I missed you so much. Glad you're here.

Drishti- I missed you too Naina. Good to see you.

Damyanti- I'll go and bring something to eat.

She went inside the kitchen.

Drishti- Mumma, told me all that is going on with you. Why do you even agree to marry that guy?

Naina- I didn't have an option...

Drishti interrupts...

Drishti- There's always a solution Naina. You just have to look for one. It's about your life. How could you let anybody else take decisions for you? Think of it Naina !!

Okay tell me everything in detail.

Naina explained her everything.

Drishti- Okay Naina may I ask you something?

Naina- Please, Go on !

Drishti- Have you ever liked anyone else?

This question from Drishti reminded her of Atharva's confession. She couldn't say anything. But her eyes expressed, what her lips failed to.

Drishti understood.

Drishti- What's his name?

Naina was too lost in thoughts that she didn't realise but took his name.

Naina- Atharv...a

Drishti- Atharva?

Naina(back to senses)- N...no. Nothing.

Drishti- And you think I would let it go just like this? You HAVE to tell me everything.

Naina had no option but to tell her the truth.

Drishti- What does your heart says?

Naina- How does it even matter...

Drishti- Naina, do you feel his love for you is true?

Naina- I read his eyes. And I can say he wasn't lying...

Drishti- So you like him too?

Naina- Wh...what?? No. Not at all.

Drishti- Okay ! So you don't like him.

Naina- I didn't say that !

Drishti smiled upon hearing this.