Chapter 9: The girl of his dreams !

The moment Atharva entered his house, he got surprised to see that the centre hall was decorated with flowers and pink-black balloons.

The fragrance of the flowers filled the whole room with aroma. Atharva's younger sister Niharika came in front of him.

Atharva- Why is the hall so decorated. Is there something special today?

Niharika- Bhai, you won the competition in your college today. What else could be more special than that.

Atharva- But that was just a college event. You all are behaving as if I have won in olympics(sarcastically).

Kavyetri(Atharva's mom)- Beta, even your small achievements matters to us. Since, childhood you have always made us feel proud.

Nishant(Atharva's dad)- Yeah! Only if you start waking up early, we will be more proud(adding sarcasm).

Everyone fell into laughter on hearing this.

Nishant came and hugged Atharva.

Atharva had a joint family, a family of 13 members. The first were his grandparents, Next comes his own parents, his two uncles and two aunts, his little brother Rohit and a sister elder than Rohit but younger than Atharva.

Rohit was studying in class 10th while Niharika had just started her 1st year in college.

Then comes his Cousins, A brother Pratik, the same age as Atharva and Rhea, the youngest member of the family who was studying in class 8.

Apart from them, there was one more member in the family and he was none other than their pet dog 'Dozo'.

At night-

Atharva was lying in his bed, holding his guitar and slowly moving his fingers on the strings, playing a very melodious tune.

Also, it was raining outside and he kept his windows open through which small droplets of rain were entering into the room.

(Saanson ko saanson me dhalne do zara...hmmm...hmmm hmmm...hmmm...lalala...lalala...
Saanson ko saanson me dhalne do zara...
Dheemi si dhadkan ko badhne do zara...
Lamhon ki guzarish hai yeh paas aa jayein...
Hum... Hum-tum...tum...hum-tum
Instrumental*)

He was so lost into his singing that he didn't realise when he fell asleep while embracing his guitar.

At midnight, again that girl came into his dream.

It was raining. He saw her in the middle of an empty street. She was dancing in the rain.

(Instrumental*
Meri kismaton ko mile haath teri,
Phir se lakeerein dikhne lagi...
Dekha tumhe toh aisa laga hai, jaise yeh aankhein dhadakne lagi...
Rahoon umr bhar main teri, tu mera...
Instrumental*
Jab main baadal ban jaaun, tum bhi baarish ban jaana...
Jo kam padd jayein saansein, tu mera dil ban jaana...
Rimjhim sawaan ki boondein,
Tu har mausam barsana...
Jo kam padd jayein saansein, tu mera dil ban jaana...
Instrumental*)

Suddenly, he saw himself in his dream running towards the girl. He was standing just behind her. He moved one of his hand and kept it on the girl's shoulder. And the girl turned back.

Suddenly, Atharva got up from his sleep as the face of that girl he saw in his dream was really unexpected and unbelievable.

Who was that girl? Why Atharva was so shocked on finally seeing her face?