Chapter 22: Let's spend the rest of our lives fighting with each other...

Naina didn't know how to respond.

Atharva hugged her tightly. His lips curled up in smile and moments later, tears flowed through his eyes as if his heart aching for something.

Atharva- I know there must be a lot of things going on in your head right now.

Sorry for bringing you with me without your permission. But I knew, you will never oppose your foster family even if they take your life away. And I couldn't let anyone ruin your life just like that. So, I had to take this step.

He was sobbing continuously.

He furthur continued-
"With the help of mine and your friends I took you out from there and brought you here at my house".

If you are angry just scold me ! Beat me ! Fight with me ! But please Naina just don't ever leave me. I can't bear to lose you.

Naina, I'm sorry. I'm really sorry. Sorry for coming so late into your life. Sorry for letting you go through all those things alone.

I love you, Naina !

I promise you that never in your life, you will have to suffer again like that. I'm here. I'm always here... Always by your side.

Finally, Naina couldn't hold it anymore. She broke into tears in his arms.

Naina- At...harva ! I don't want to go back there. I don't want to marry him (Samarth), he has always...always...

She couldn't utter another word. And cried her heart out.

Atharva patted her head, assuring her that she is safe now.

Atharva- (in a low voice)Heyy ! Calm down ! Calm down ! I'm here. No one can touch you. I promise, I won't let them harm you.

After a while, they broke the hug, only to look back into each other's eyes.

Atharva- Okay Naina... Do you...?!!

Naina- I do ! I do ! (smiling)
I love you too Atharva. I love you.

It took him a while to process the confession Naina did to him just now.

He again took her into a tight embrace. In return, she too hugged him back tightly.

_______________

Next day-

Police went to Shalini's house for enquiry and at last, they had to admit the truth.

Samarth was arrested for harrasing Naina. Shalini and Vikrant were called to the police station for furthur investigation.

Atharva felt relieved to know that they are under remand.

______________

A week passed-

Atharva took Naina on the roof of the house. It was 10 p.m. in the evening. The sky filled with stars, as they were twinkling and the moon shredding its light on the earth.

They both lied besides each other on the floor of the roof and starred silently towards the sky, with a slight smile on their lips.

A moment later Atharva brought his hand to hold Naina's hand right next to him. Their fingers interlocked.

Atharva- (whispered) So, Miss Naina ! Are you willing to spend the rest of your life...

Naina (jokingly interrupts him and says) - Fighting with you ??

Atharva-(laughs) Indeed ! Let's spend the rest of our lives fighting with each other till the end.

After that, both turned their heads to look at each other and gave a wider smile.

Then looked back to the sky.

The sky witnessing their love.

_____________

Indeed, love finds a way for those who are "DESTINED TO BE TOGETHER  !"

            ~Destined by the stars~

                   ~~~~~~~~~~~~~