Chapter 12: Her voice touched his soul...

Naina reached the campus and registered her name for the competition.

Five days passed and finally, the day came when the inter-college competition was going to take place.

The competition was organised at the campus of St. Richard's College i.e., The college where Atharva studies.

All the participants from different colleges of the city arrived.

Naina too entered at the campus with her Supervisor Miss Priyadarshini and other participants of different competitions.

Riya too had took part in dance competition. Hence, she was there too.

First the cycle racing happened in which St.Lawrence College won.

Second was the Hockey competition in which St. Richard's College (Atharva's College) won.

Third was the Chess competition in which G.J.R College won.

Fourth was the Dance competition in which Riya(Naina's friend) from S.D. Girls' College won.

Finally, it was time for the Singing competition.

Everyone arrived in the auditorium within the campus.

The host called all the participants one-by-one.Everyone came and gave their performance.

Host- Oh wow! Everyone is performing so well.

But as you all know only one student will be chosen as the winner. So, let us all welcome our fifth performer Mr. Atharva.

Atharva came to the stage. Naina saw him and remembered their previous not so good meetings. Also, it was the first time she got to know his name 'Atharva'.

Atharva started singing-

(Chal diya...dil tere pichhe-pichhe
Dekhta... Main reh gaya,
Kuchh toh hai... Tere mere darmiyaan
Jo ankaha sa reh gaya,

Main jo kabhi...keh na saka...
Aaj kehta hoon pehli dafaa...
Dil me ho tum, Aankhon me tum...
Pehli nazar se hi yaara...
Dil me ho tum, Aankhon me tum...
Pehli nazar se hi yaara...

Yeh ishq ki, hain saazishein...
Lo aa milen hum dobara...

Dil me ho tum, Aankhon me tum
Pehli nazar se hi yaara...

Instrumental*)

Everyone present in the auditorium started clapping for Atharva as his voice mesmerized them all.

Naina too started clapping on hearing him singing.

She was also somewhere impressed by his singing skills.

Now, at sixth position, it was Naina's turn. The host announced her name.

Host- Wow!! That was really a very spectacular performance. Now its the turn of the Sixth performer of the day. Lets see what magic she creates. So, all of you give a great round of applause for Miss Naina.

Naina came to the stage and Atharva saw her. For him, as well, it was the first time he heard her name 'Naina'.

And ofcourse, how could he forget those two previous meetings of theirs. Atharva gave an annoyed expression on seeing her. He moved his face in other direction.