Caduceus.

My alarm was set up to blare at 6am, but apparently the whole building awakened a lot earlier. I looked at the alarm clock and it was still 5:30am; with all the hallway commotion back and forth. Unable to go back to sleep, I dragged myself out of the bed and decided to start my day.

As I left my barrack, I saw an unsual influx of soldiers rushing towards the entrance hallway. I tried my best to dodge some of them, but I got shoulder bumped more times than I was able to count. Tóso agenís!
In the middle of that hubbub, Soap was on my sight; accompanied of Elise, of course. The fact that Captain Price allowed close interactions in the Task Force premises was beyond my understanding. Soap locked eyes with me, letting out a wide smile.

- Aye, Angie! Good Morning to ye!

- Good morning, Soap. Seems quite the morning around here!

- It's because a team in mission is returning!

- Is that so? - I was intrigued.

- They just arrived! Come with us!

We all headed to the hangar; the commotion was far more intense in there. Ambulance carts, body bags, paramedics... A whole segment of healthcare post mission was settled. Elise seemed tense, barely talked while looking around with noticeable nervousness. Her fists were clenched, her eyes were scanning the whole area. Suddenly a wide smile of relief emerged on her face, and she ran towards an open tent with a particular set of operatives gathered in it.

We followed Elise through the synchronized chaos that has taken place in there. Her running speed only got faster; she was feeling urgent. As we arrived at the tent, a selected few operatives were taking care of their own wounds.

Among them there was a tall bulky man that was heavily masked, and it made me do a double take when I noticed that the skull piece was real. Who that human piece belonged to? Was that a trophy? A sick memento? Who was that obscure operative?!?

- Welcome back, Lieutenant Ghost! - Elise saluted him with sheer enthusiasm.

- Thank you, Operative Satan. - his raspy voice was paired with a british accent.

- Aye LT, welcome back, eh.

- Thanks, Johnny. - he then directed his eyes to me. - And who are you?

- Dr. Angelina Cavendish, Lieutenant. Nice to meet you.

- Hm.

He was nonchalant towards my presence; although rude, it was for the best. No pleasantries needed. At least I made their acquaintances, that was more than enough.
One of the operatives was trying to stitch themselves up, to no avail. I calmly walked towards them while I snatched a pair of disposable surgical gloves.

- Let me help you, operative.

- New Doc...? - the operative seemed suspicious of me.

- Positive, operative. Name's Angelina.

- Hi, Angelina. I'm Logan.

- Well Logan, let's see what we got here: a bullet wound... No signs of the projectile being lodged. If it crossed to the other side, is a relief. Let's sew you back in.

As I was working on the operative, All eyes were on me. I made myself a hot topic among them. I wasn't seeking any attention for doing what I was enlisted to do, but what can be done; I was the new member meddling right off the bat.
As I finalized the patching of other two operatives, they were all looking at me in awe. Soap walked towards me, ready to say something.

- That's a dead pure brilliant work you did there, Angie! I'm impressed!

- Thank you, Soap. - I removed my surgical gloves. - I'm just doing my job.