EKG.

After that weird conversation, Johnny never brought up the subject again. His incredibly calm response never sat right within me, and it was driving me crazy. I tried to brush it off, but every time we were together, an unsettling feeling would hammer in my mind. I did my best to not show my concerns, but it was getting obvious by the minute, and I didn't know if he really didn't notice it or it was just pretending that he wasn't aware.

On a cold evening where we were cuddling at his dorm watching a drama movie on his laptop, a cheating scene between the main male and the female protagonist got me a bit uncomfortable. I've stopped paying attention to the movie, pretending to be dozing off. After a long moment of awkward silence, Johnny moved away a bit to look at me.

- Ready for a shut-eye already, Mo'Leannan?

- Hmm yeah... - I had to keep with my façade. - I wouldn't mind taking a quick nap in your arms...

- If you're up to it, that would make me a happy man... - he let it out his charming smirk.

- Then it's a deal! - I snuggled on his torso, enjoying the natural warmth from his body.

As soon as I laid my head on Johnny's chest, something felt suspicious. His heartbeat was fast, and it wasn't because of me. His breathing was calm, slow-paced even. His odd self control simply threw me off. Suddenly the silence was broken and his calm tone seemed dry.

- ...I wanna talk to ye about that.

- What do you mean, love...? - I was apprehensive.

- I said I wanna talk to ye about what happened between you and Ghost.

My heart was pounding inside my chest; I was bewildered. I felt chills run up my spine, a lump grew in my throat. I was scared and unable to think of anything clever. I swallowed dry, trying to keep my composure. I slowly raised my head to look at him and I ended up meeting his cold gaze, his blue eyes devoid of any emotion.

- ...Go ahead. What you want to talk?

- It's not that I don't trust you, but... - he exhaled, trying to be careful with his words. - I have the feeling that you've lied to me... That you've tried to spare me.

- Why would you think that I did that...?

He paused, with a hint of pain in his eyes. I shuddered; he was more discerning and observant than I anticipated. Johnny crossed his arms over his chest and zoned out for a brief moment, turning to look into my eyes after an uncomfortable silence.

- I know Ghost long enough, lassie. - He shifted a bit on the bed, sitting down. - That lad has his way with women, and it's not the first time that I've got interested in a lass and she chooses him over me.

- I don't know what else to say to you besides that I'm sorry for bringing that kind of feeling out of you. - I sat down as well, fidgeting with his hand. -  Simon is indeed an enticing man, but I'd never choose him over you. He's far too demented for my own good. 

- Oh, wow... - he chuckled, amused. - I don't know if that's reassuring or whatever the fuck could that be!

- I'm sorry, I expressed myself wrong!

- It's okay, Mo'Leannan. I'm just messing with ye. - he chuckled. - To be honest, I'm feeling jealous, not gonna lie to ye. I respect Ghost a lot as my Lieutenant, but as a man I can't stand him... And seeing him hovering around ye simply gets me crabbit

- You can be at ease, love. He means nothing to me, and the kiss happened because he took advantage of me while I was vulnerable. A mistake that will never happen again. Forgive me for not doing anything about it. 

- I appreciate your honesty, babe. I'm still not sure of my reaction to all of this but I'll manage it.

- Are you not... Angry?

- I am angry at the situation, but not at you. Well, maybe a wee bit mad at you, but I honestly don't have the moral ground to act like a victim here. I knew that someday this kind of situation would bite me back in the arse.

- I truly apologize for what happened, love... - I leaned to hug him.

- No worries, we're fine n' tidy! -  he reciprocated the hug and kissed the top of my head. - Now, let's move forward with that. Do ye still wanna take a quick nap here?

- Let me set an alarm on my phone, so nobody sees me leaving your dorm. 

- That's clever. It's already bad enough having Ghost and Elise up our arses; I can't imagine our relationship reaching Cap'n Price ears. He'd eat me alive. 

- We don't need that happening... - I yawned mid sentence, feeling the tension leave my body. - Okay, I believe I really need a good nap in your arms... So comfy...

I couldn't remember what he replied besides hearing his rusky chuckle and feeling his strong arms wrapping tighter around me. The fruity smell of his cologne immediately took over my nostrils and I slowly fell into slumber.

************************

My phone alarm blared, but I was alone on the bed. I looked around confused, trying to figure it out wherever he had gone, but I was met with emptiness, silence and some distant noises from the hallway. I sneaked out of the dorm, carefully peeking around. As soon as I felt that it was safe to leave I rushed straight out, pretending to be coming from somewhere else.
As I finally reached out my dorm, I quickly sneaked inside, thinking I was safe and unscathed from scrutiny... But my heart jumped up to my throat as I let it out a squeal and I felt like my soul had been pulled out of my body. 
The gravely rusky voice with a british accent "welcomed" me from the shadows. I shuddered.

- ...Long time no see, luv.

Ghost was leisurely sitting on my desk chair, waiting for me, in the dark.