Arrhythmia.

✅️ Bonus POV: John "Soap" MacTavish

Finally! Thank fuck, I feel better now!

I thought I'd be losing Angie twice; the torture she endured was brutal, and the fact that I wasn't sure of my chances with her nearly sent me into a crazy spiral. She was the only one willing to listen to my ramblings and has been accepting me for who I was and what I could offer... A lass like her was one of a kind. And learning that she was waiting for me to get over Elise has made me appreciate her even more; she's my real Mo'Leannan for sure. She owns my heart.

I knew I wasn't easy to deal with, and adding the fact that I was still attached to Elise*, although she's married to Ghost, I was making things more complicated. I had to come correct towards Angie, she deserved my utmost respect and my undivided attention.
I went back to my dorm feeling like I've built the juiciest C4 bomb ever made; I was happy and proud of myself. Gaz was coming back from the shooting range when we bumped into the corridor.

- Returning from the medical center, Soap?

- Hey Gaz, ye doing awright yeah? - I was in a great spirit. - Sure, just came back from Mo'Leannan room ~ I'm mean, Angie's room.

- Oh, I see... - he snickered at my slip up. - Somebody has finally a girlfriend, yeah?

- Away n' bile in yer heid, Gaz! - I chuckled. - Don't say it out loud; we don't want to get written up for that, yeah? So come on, keep it low.

- No fret, mate. I'm not here to rat you out. I know how to keep a secret.

- Appreciate it, mate.

- Tell me something; did you solve things out with Elise?

- Not really. - that question was stingy. - But at least I'm able to offer more to Angie, anno? I was lacking in some matters. All because I was still attached to Elise.

- If Elise doesn't know that you ditched your feelings for her, she will still think you guys can hang out like before. And you know she uses your feelings to keep you around when she's upset with Ghost.

I was feeling awkward, knowing that Gaz knew way too much about my secrets with Elise; they talk to each other almost every bloody time! Swear to Jesus, they will slip up someday and get me into trouble. They were... What's the term again? Ah, right... They were "besties".

- I know, and that's fucked up, to be honest. - I sighed loudly. - It took me a while, but I recognize that I was in a dangerous game. I've always imagined that one day Ghost would catch us and kill us both.

- That was fucked up indeed, mate. I tried to talk her out of it, but whatever reason she has in her mind, she dodges the subject often.

- I don't know what's her plan either, mate. - I scratched my head, feeling annoyed. - But in any case, I'll try to talk to her and clear things out. I don't want Angie stressing about that.

- Way to go, mate. Wishing the best to you. - Gaz smiled; his support meant a lot.

- Thank ye, mate. See ya around, yeah?

As soon as Gaz left, my expression changed from content to something else. I wasn't exactly confident with the situation; having to confront Elise about our weird friendship wasn't something that I was ready to do. Deep down Elise scared me, not going to lie... She was unpredictable, and it was difficult to read between the lines with her unless she allowed me to. And I couldn't go on and keep enabling that nearly sexual dynamic with her if I was finally dating Angie...

I had to put some boundaries. And fast.

While I was helping with the armory inventory, my phone chimed. I flinched; I knew who it was. I hid myself at the ammo shelves and checked my messages. My heart went up my throat... It was Elise.
As usual, she was shamelessly texting me, wanting to see me... My stomach fluttered, as always. She messed me up emotionally every time... But now I had to fight back those feelings; I couldn't allow myself into that trap anymore.