Pneuma.

A week has passed slowly.
Besides the numerous appointments for check-ups and unusual walk-ins, nothing too extraordinary happened. Soap have been visiting me daily; except when he had extra work to do, then he would just pass by and say a quick hello.

Since that forehead kiss situation, our peculiar friendship has been unexpectedly respectful, and he always brings some kind of snack to leave on my desk. I noticed he likes gummies and cookies, when he's not munching dry cereal or a bag of trail mix. His cheerful presence started to grow on me; he makes me laugh often.

Another evening clocking out without further issues, so I decided to take the time to enjoy some quietude at the lounge room. I was in the mood to watch TV; a movie maybe. The temperature was high, so I've put on a high ponytail, a fitted t-shirt and comfy leggings. I walked through the hallway thinking what should I get from the cafeteria to follow with the movie, but my thoughts got interrupted but a sudden touch on my shoulder. I flinched, letting escape an embarassing loud gasp. It was Ghost. Maláka...

- You seem lost.

- I'm heading to the cafeteria, Lieutenant. - I spat.

- It's evening retreat. You can call me Ghost.

- I don't like to sound disrespectful, sir.

- I know you won't. - he got closer.

- Is there anything else you think I can assist you with, Ghost?

- I want to know you better, love.

- I'm boring. And you're married.

- Not legally. - he scoffed.

- I figured as much. - I kept walking. - Nobody marries a walking dead man.

- Hence why is not registered. I'm legally dead. - he was following me.

- Are you going to stalk me now?

- I was just about to get me some tea and blow some smoke. Is that a problem?

- Not at all. Where's your wife?

- Sleeping soundly.

- Do you always sneak out to flirt?

- Quite the opposite.

As we arrived at the cafeteria, he started to prepare his tea, but fetched two mugs. I was browsing the pastry aisle, and chose a slice of raspberry danish dessert. When I was about to choose my drink, he showed up behind me, almost giving me a jumpscare.

- Fancy some tea?

- You made a cup for me...? Thank you...

- Not a problem, love.

I accepted the tea with a curious gaze taking me over. What Ghost wanted with me exactly? He was obviously guarded with his personal affairs and proudly carried a hostile aura around himself, keeping people at bay.
I was honestly intrigued as to why he took a strange liking into hover around me everytime he got the chance. Whatever was on that man's mind, I wasn't reallly sure if I was ready to know. And there was also the fact that he's Elise's husband...

- I'm heading to the lounge. Care to join me, Lieutenant?

- Drop it. It's Ghost. - he snarled.

- Apologies... Care to join me, Ghost?

- I don't know what you're going to watch.

- To be frank, me neither. - I chuckled. - I'll be deciding once I get there.

- If is not something shitty, I'm fine with whatever.

We calmly reached the lounge room; it seemed awfully dark and quiet. Ghost turned on the table lamp, while I was browsing the blue ray collection on the side shelf. So many titles; most of them I haven't even heard of! I decided to watch Sin City, because I've read the comics while I was medic resident in Greece.