Pneuma: Trachea.

I've sat down on the edge of my bed, trying to process what Ghost just asked of me.
What could we possibly talk about it regarding his relationship with Elise? I knew almost nothing about her; all I could do at that moment was listen, because in terms of advice it would be a disaster.

He was just there, fidgeting an old pen from my desk and occasionally zoning out. I've decided to break the awkward silence with some drink; I remembered that Soap refilled my mini fridge with some beverages two days ago. I crouched to get two bottles of iced tea. I quietly offered one to him.

- Thanks.

- No problem. - I got right back up, taking impulse on my thighs. - What's on your mind?

- I'm not sure how to address this...

- Did something unpleasant happened between you and Elise recently?

- I can't say is recent, but it is unpleasant alright.

- Share your grievances. - I've sipped my iced tea; tasted delicious. - No need to rush.

Ghost took his time, he was noticeably bothered about showing his vulnerability to me. Even though we were in the privacy of my room, he was acting like he was going through the biggest embarassing moment of his life. He then suddenly twisted the cap of the iced tea bottle, lifted his balaclava up to his nose again and took a big sip. His loud sigh was a kick-start.

- I have the suspicion that Elise still have feelings for someone else. Some things that happened that just got me annoyed.

- I see... - I was clearly threading a touchy subject. - In order to understand things better, can you tell me how you guys met?

- Long story short: Elise needed help with a creepy bloke, I helped and I fancied her. I wanted to fuck, so that's what I did... But I fell in love. Heh, sounds ludicrous when I'm saying out loud.

- She obviously reciprocated. You guys are together, no?

- For us to reach the point that we are now it happened some... Fucked up things.

- Go on, I'm listening.

- She met MacTavish first, in a park. He was the one into her.

- MacTavish?

- Soap. - he spat, with a bitter look in his eyes.

- Oh. - I scooted back on the bed. - I see.

- I was fucking her, but MacTavish was flirting. And I pushed her away everytime she would come with sentimentality.

- So she decided to one day give him a chance, is that right?

- You know your onions, doc. - he chuckled, sipping the iced tea.

- Call me Angie.

- Fair enough, Angie.

- So, according to you, she dated Soap for a while before going back to you. Why is that... "fucked up", like you said?

- He cheated on her.

I choked on my iced tea, spilling a bit on my shirt. That got me by surprise, not matter how many times I'd hear it; taking Soap for a womanizer was strange, but apparently he wasn't an exception... He was a man after all.

- You seem startled.

- Apologies, I... I wasn't expecting such turn of events! Cheating is a bit much!

- Told ya it was fucked up, love. - he handed me a towel that was over the desk.

- Back to the timeline... - I was trying to dry the spill on my shirt. - That's when you sneaked your way back to her?