Paranoia.

The silence was staggering.
Ghost was just there; standing, arms crossed, simply staring at me. I didn't know how much he had seen of my body, and that thought by itself mortified me deeply.
But nothing would've terrified me more than knowing that he had been in my room before, literally stalking me...

I swallowed dry, cautiously turning myself towards his direction. I could feel his invasive gaze on me, like he was enjoying a little bit too much of the predicament I was in. My breathing was slow but heavy; felt like my lungs were malfunctioning. He calmly leaned one shoulder on the partition frame, letting a husky chuckle.

- The answer to your question... Yes, it was me. I've broken in to your dormitory.

- ...Why?

- A 'bad habit' of mine. - he rested his hands on his tactical belt. - When I'm interested on something or someone, I want to learn about them.

- By breaking in?!? Maláka!

- English, love.

- You went too far, Simon! - I grabbed my towel to cover my hips. - That's my privacy that you're invading!

- No worries... I won't do it again, love. I'm a married man. - he jeered.

- Care to turn your back so I can finish what I was doing?

- Your womanly assets are no secrets to me.

- TURN. YOUR. BACK.

- Tsk... Fine. - he turned away his broad structure.

I quickly grabbed my pair of jeans and put them in a desperate speed, feeling less exposed. I unconsciously left a sigh of relief escape while tieing my hair on a ponytail. I sensed his silent presence approaching, my whole body immediately tensed up.

Ghost towered me from behind, shadowing my whole self from the lamp light. He was just few inches away, and kept his hands on his pockets, as he was trying to contain himself by all means. My heart was pounding up my throat, butterflies fluttering in my stomach. He slouched on my shoulder height, and with a husky tone, he mumbled in my ear. My skin sinfully crawled upon hearing his voice so up close.

- Another answer: yes, I've seen everything.

- Simon... Please, step back...

- Scared of giving in, love...?

- I'm scared of you.

- Is that so? - he chuckled softly. - What can I do to make this fear go away?

I was a mixture of scared and aroused, and he somehow knew it. He was enjoying my muted desperation, seeing my senses getting triggered and scattered all over the place. I could hear his breathing through the mask, the warmth emanating from his body. He was a dangerous temptation disguised as a monster. No wonder Elise was so entranced by him; he sexualizes his mysterious existence very well.

My cellphone rang and vibrated loudly; the screen lighting up. It was my cue to break away from that domination and escape. I walked towards the accent table and answered, relieved to be focusing on something else.

- Cavendish speaking.

- Angelina, it's Laswell. Good morning.

- Good morning, Mrs. Laswell! What can I do for you today?

- Pass by my office; we'll head to the briefing room after that.

- Okay, I'll be there in 20. - I beamed up. - See you in a few!

The call ended, and I took a deep breath; finally something to focus other than all that harassment! I grabbed my white coat and finished setting my holster harness. As I was leaving my room, Ghost quietly followed me. At that point, I couldn't care less about what people would possibly gossip about; their glances were already "loud" enough.