Blunt Trauma.

✅️Bonus POV: John "Soap" MacTavish

The raids were becoming more vicious as time went on. The amount of wounded operatives started to be overwhelming, and some supplies were ending faster than others. The dusty, hot and ominous environment we were deployed in it wasn't helping either, and at that point we needed a miracle for somes cases. Captain Price came by to check-in on my improvised infirmary, seeing a nearly depleted supplies cache and an exhausted medic.

- Things seems a bit concerning, Doc... What's the status?

- Just exactly as you're seeing, Captain... I'm nearly out of everything. If it comes another batch of soldiers in jarring conditions, we will have to start playing God and choose who needs the most... And I'm praying to not resort to that.

- We will have to get you replacements then. - he scratched his beard, all pensive. - I'll call for an emergency meeting and tie up this loose end for you.

- That would be much appreciated, Captain. You'll be making my job easier.

- No problem, Doc. You need tools, we have the means to get it.

I beamed up upon his statement, and informally saluted him. He smiled back and left, yelling for specific names while walking away. I took a deep breath and took a second look around, trying to find scraps to separate for any immediate inconvenience.
Soap showed up and immediately hugged me from behind, landing a kiss on the back of my neck. I shivered in excitement.

- What can I do for you, Sargeant? - I jeered.

- Besides the great sex, I heard that you need some medical stuff.

- And since when provoking me is part of the request? - I couldn't hold a giggle.

- It's relaxing and it activates some enzymes I don't remember the name... - he chuckled.

- Oxytocin, endorfins... - I laughed.

- These ones right there, doc!

Soap was indeed making me less stressed out. His hyped demeanor was contagious, and helped me out in numerous occasions. I liked him more than I cared to admit, but what we had at that moment was more than enough.
I couldn't expect him to go all the way for me anyway, like a serious relationship. He was still processing his feelings for Elise, and I was just being the friend who supports him.

...Why was I feeling upset about that?

******************************

I decided to seek for some instant coffee; exhaustion was starting to loom over and I had too much to do. I bashfully sneaked into Soap's tent and looked for some coffee, being unsuccessful. Frustrated, I walked to the warehouse and checked if any of the station soldiers had some instant coffee to spare.
Asked to one; nothing. Asked to another; an apologetic nothing. Asked another; a rude nothing. Frustration was all I had. I decided to angrily return to the infirmary tent; clearly wasted my time. I should've known better; we were deployed in a horrifying place on limited conditions, of course everything would eventually ran out.

Suddenly I heard a loud sound; seemed like some sort of explosion. My stomach dropped, the sound was close in range. I ran to the infirmary tent, grabbed the spare pistol from the medicine cabinet and hid myself, sensing the fear creeping into my mind and my soul as the chaos started to unravel outside.
Screams and loud gasps, sounds of gunshots, more explosions... A bloodbath was being made, and the noises were getting closer and more gorey. People were being executed in a horrible way out there!

I didn't want to die.

Was everybody dead...?
Captain Price... Ghost... Elise...
Soap...!

Panick stricken, with broken breathing and nervously trembling, I was trying to desperately keep the grip on the pistol despite the profusely sweaty hands. Crouching became a painful task, my leg muscles were too tensed up and my knees were in shambles.
I flinched in absolute terror when the tent fabric was suddenly ripped apart; all I could see was the sunlight invading the cramped up space. I could hear their voices rambling in a very aggressive tone, but I couldn't understand what they were saying. Sounded like foreign language...