32: The Girl Who Knew Too Much

"Where is she?" Stiles says as we rush out of his car. 

"Over here" Allison says. 

"Lydia?" Stiles asks as we walk towards her. Scott was here too. 

"It's the same thing. Same thing as the pool. I got into the car heading somewhere totally different, and ended up here. And you told me to call you if there's a dead body" Lydia says. 

"You found a dead body?" I ask. 

"Not yet" Lydia says. 

"Not yet? What do you mean not yet? Lydia, you're supposed to call us after you find the dead body" Stiles says. 

"Oh, no, I'm not doing that again. You find the dead body from now on" Lydia says distressed.

"How are we supposed to find the dead body? You're always the one finding the dead body" Stiles argues.

"Guys. I found the dead body" Scott says. We look to see a body hanging on the Beacon Hills High School sign. 

-

-

-

"Idioms, analogies, metaphors, and similes, all tools the writer uses to tell their story. Lydia, I wasn't aware you had so many hidden talents" Ms. Blake says in our boring class. 

"You and every guy I've ever dated" Lydia says. I laugh under my breath. 

"Oh, um, well, that was an idiom, by the way. Idioms are something of a secret to the people who know the language or the culture. They're phrases that only make sense if you know key words. Saying jump the gun is meaningful only if you know about the starting gun in a race, or a phrase like seeing the whole board" Ms. Blake says. 

"Like chess" Stiles says. 

"That's right, Stiles. Do you play?" Ms. Blake asks. 

"Uh, no. My father does" Stiles says. 

"Now, when does an idiom become a cliche?" Ms. Blake says. I sigh not really wanting to pay attention. Ms. Blake walks away and Scott leans in to Stiles. Scott was infront of me. 

"I think I can get to Ethan. I'm pretty sure I can make him talk" Scott says. 

"What do you want to do that for?" Stiles says. 

"The druids are emissaries, right? So what if the Darach was an emissary to the alphas?" Scott says. I nod, smart. 

"Okay, first of all, I cannot believe that we've gotten to the point where a sentence like "what if the Darach was an emissary to the alphas?" Actually makes sense to me. Second of all, we're gonna have a huge problem getting to Ethan" Stiles says. I agree with him though, why does any of this make sense to me, it's all unbelievable. 

"What's that?" Scott asks. 

"Going through Aiden" Stiles says. 

"You know, ever since he's been back at school, they're always together. How are we gonna separate them again?" I say leaning forward. They look at me and then each other and then behind them. Of course. 

"What now?" Lydia asks annoyed. 

-

-

-

"Why are you even talking to me? I helped kill your friend. How do you know I'm not gonna kill another one?" Ethan says as Stiles, Scott and I talk to him on the stairs. I feel like he was talking about killing me cause he kept looking at me.