Chapter 24

Carly’s POV:

            “So who exactly is this Austin guy?” Soha asks, popping a grape into her mouth. I was over at Niall’s flat with her, Eleanor, and Danielle. We were just missing Perrie, who was sadly on tour. It didn’t feel complete without her.

            I let out a sigh, tucking my legs underneath me as I sat on the couch next to Danielle. “The two of us used to be best friends,” I say.

            “How come you never mentioned him before?” Danielle asks, picking a grape from the big bowl in front of us.

            “He wasn’t worth mentioning,” I shrug. “We were friends, and then had a thing going on. But that soon ended later on.”

            “Why? What happened?” Eleanor asks.

            I bite my bottom lip. “I found out that he was just using me to get back with his ex girlfriend,” I say with a shaky sigh. The girls’ faces dropped, and I just chuckle bitterly. “I honestly can’t believe I was so oblivious to it. I mean, she was the first girl he ever fell in love with, and he...”

            Soha gives me a small, sympathetic smile. “And he was the first guy you ever fell in love with, huh?”

            I nod, feeling the tears coming into my eyes as Danielle rubs my upper left arm. “I never talk about him, at all. Ashley knows about him, but we never, ever talk about him. I never told Harry because all I wanted to do was forget about Austin. He was a person in my past, something who isn’t worth remembering.”

            “You don’t still love him, right?” Eleanor asks.

            “I sure hope not,” a deep, raspy voice spoke.

            We turned around, and my eyes widened when I saw Harry leaning against the entry way of the living room, arms crossed against his chest. His green eyes burned into my brown ones, curly hair sitting perfectly on top of his head.

            Danielle bites her bottom lip and says, “Come on, girls. Let’s leave these two alone.”

            The three of them stand up and exit Niall’s flat. I keep sitting on the couch, and Harry walks over to me, sitting on the couch right next to me. “How come you never told me about him?” Harry asks, breaking the defeaning silence.

            I bite the inside of my cheek. “Like I said, he wasn’t worth remembering,” I say. “I wanted to forget him. He was just... Someone in my past.”

            Harry’s right hand envelops my right one, giving it a squeeze. “So why is he coming back now?”

            I shook my head. “I wish I knew,” I say, a tear falling out of my eye. “Ugh, why the hell am I crying?” I groan, my left hand reaching up and wiping the tears away.