Chapter 25

Really, really short chapterrr. Sorreehh, I rushed it. Promise the next one will be a bit more interesting. Maybe a little more drama, too ;D

_____________________________________________

Carly’s POV:

            “Carly?” Mum asks, frowning in confusion as she walks halfway down the stairs. “What... What did I just hear?”

            I bite the inside of my cheek as I look at Harry, who nods. Letting out a sigh, I walk up the stairs and say, “Mum, I need to tell you something.”

            She nods and the two of us walk up to my room, leaving Harry as he returns to the living room. Closing the door of my bedroom, she turns to me. “What was that, Carly?” she asks.

            I sigh, sitting on the edge of my bed. “I never really told you what happened between Austin and I.”

            “What happened?” Mum frowns.

            “He was using me, Mum,” I tell her, and watch as her face drops. “He only dated me because he was trying to get back together with Lindsay, to make her jealous. Austin didn’t care about me or about my feelings.”

            “Oh my...” Mum gasps. “Carly, you should have told me before! I wouldn’t have called him then.”

            I give her a weak smile. “It’s fine, Mum. It doesn’t matter. He’s gonna be gone in a couple of days and it’ll be fine.”

            Mum gives me a half smile, until Riley’s crying startles her. “I’ll go check on her,” she says with a sigh.

            I chuckle. “Alright,” I say, watching my mum walk out of my room.

***************

@CarlyMcKinley: Because conversations like these with @Louis_Tomlinson are always normal... http://i1248.photobucket.com/albums/hh496/biebersgirl222/Pictures/convowithLouis_zps0f63cace.png

            Louis and I just had the most weirdest conversation through text, and when Harry saw it, he was laughing his arse off. Harry and I were having our usual walk around London later on today – mostly because we wanted to avoid Austin. Mum was angry about what Austin did, no doubt about that, but she just couldn’t kick him out. It would be rude of her, and Mum’s definitely not that type of person – which is one of the many things I love about her.

            I shoved my hands in the pocket of my coat as Harry’s arm hung over my shoulders, pulling me into him as we walked. It was a bit cold, especially with the breeze going around, so Harry and I made a detour for Starbucks. Now, the two of us sat at a table with our hot coffees, just the two of us. A sigh escapes Harry’s lips and my eyes look up to meet his.

            “I really don’t want you and Austin staying under the same roof,” he grumbles, looking down at his drink.

            I bite my bottom lip. “Trust me, I don’t like it any more than you do,” I sigh. I then look at him, an idea popping into my head. “Why don’t you stay at my place? At least, until Austin leaves.”

            Harry looks at me, green eyes calculating. “Really?” he asks and I nod. “But I don’t want to intrude your family time..”

            I roll my eyes. “C’mon Haz, you’re practically family. Mum and Brian love you, and Riley adores you. Plus, I’d feel much better if you’re there,” I tell him with a smile.

            Harry smiles back, dimples in view. “Will it be okay with Jenna?” he asks, sipping his coffee.

            “Let me just check with her,” I say as I take out my phone, and he nods.

To: Mommyy

Is it okay if Harry stays with us while Austin’s here? I’ll be much, you know, relaxed if he’s there with me.

From: Mommyy

Of course, love! He can stay in your room. X

            I grin as I look at Harry. “It’s okay with her,” I say.

            “Great,” Harry grins, sipping his coffee once again.

            Hopefully that’ll stop Austin from trying anything.