Chapter 28

Carly’s POV:

            “Are you seriously eating your left over cake for break fast?” Harry laughs as he walks into the kitchen.

            I look up at him, seeing as he’s only in his Calvin Klein boxers and a thin, white T-shirt. I chuckle and nod, swallowing down a piece of the chocolate cake. “Duh,” I say. “Don’t want it to get wasted, now do we?”

            Harry chuckles, leaning down and pressing a soft kiss on my lips. “You’re strange.”

            “But you love me,” I grin, my fork digging into the cake.

            “That I do,” he says, grabbing a fork. “Now share your cake with me.”

            “Get your own piece!” I exclaim, pulling my plate closer to me.

            Harry raises an eyebrow challengingly. “Excuse me, but who was the one who bought the cake?”

            I sigh in defeat, putting the plate in between us. The two of us share the cake, and I savored the taste of the rich chocolate and white frosting. I leaned my head against Harry’s shoulder, moaning quietly in delight at the taste of the dessert. Just then, I heard footsteps coming down the stairs and I turned my head to see that it was Mum and Brian, holding suitcases and Riley.

            “Where are you going?” I ask, lifting my head off of Harry’s shoulder.

            “We need to visit your mother’s parents,” Brian says.

            “Your grandfather slipped in the bathroom,” Mum sighs. “We need to see if he’s alright.”

            Concern fills me as I nod. “Alright,” I say. “Say hi to Pops and Mams for me,” I add.

            “Will do, sweetie,” Mum smiles, kissing the top of my head. “Be good.”

            I chuckle. “Aren’t I always?”

            “I meant with Austin,” she rolls her eyes. “He has a relative visiting town so he’ll be off your backs.”

            I nod. “Okay then.”

            “Bye,” Harry and I say as my parents and Riley walk out the door, leaving just us two.

            As soon as they leave, Austin bounds down the stairs, and I look at him with a raised eyebrow. “Who’s this relative of yours that’s coming?” I question.

            “A cousin of mine,” he replies. “You might know her,” he adds with a smirk.

            As far as I remember, I don’t know any of Austin’s cousins. Back when we were kids, it was just him and his parents that lived in town, and those were the only family members of Austin I knew of. So how in the world will I know this cousin of his? Without another knowing smirk, Austin grabbed an apple and walked out of the house.

            I frown, looking at Harry who was glaring at the door. “Oi,” I say with a slight laugh, snapping my fingers in front of his face. Harry shakes his head, his head snapping towards me. “Stop glaring at the door – it did nothing to you.”

            Harry chuckles softly, shaking his head. “I just don’t like the guy.”

            “I know,” I say with a sigh. “Trust me, neither do I. But only a few more days, and he’ll be gone.”