Lore logs 1: Broken.

In the depths of the Metro, a couple walks the halls of a run-down part of it.

???: Tria, trust me on this. It will be a great way to help out my career and well...other benefits too.

Tria: I know but...we have a child! this is no place to even raise a child, Charles!

Charles: But we are helping create the Future of science and its also a living artifact of the Human times! With his help, we could make this world into a safer and better place.

Tria: Charles...I know you love your work but your daughter needs you, and I don't think this place is even safe to be in...

The man balls up his fists, his patience running thin.

Charles: YOU KNOW NOTHING, ME AND HIM ARE ON A VERGE OF A BREAKTHROUGH FOR ALL OCTARIAN AND INKLING KIND! WHO CARES IF A COUPLE DIE IN THE WAKE OF PROGRESS?

Tria: you...you MONSTER...you changed ever since you met him...im taking Flowla with me and going back.

The man looks back on his wife as she walked away from him... 

*One snap of his finger echo's through the Metro.*

Charles: Guards, take her away to site 2-Y, also tell Tartar about a new subject.

Tria: LET. GO. OF. ME!

Tria struggled as she tried to break free, but the sanitized soldiers were stronger then she ever thought.

Tria: You...you're not even a monster...you're a...Thing...not even something normal anymore...

Charles looked back at his wife as she was dragged away.

Charles: In the wake of progress, you may have to crack a few eggs to make history, dear...