Gentle strokes and holding them close

--------------------
Iris's Pov
--------------

"I...usually don't take requests when it comes to art but as you guys are friends, it might be a good way to practice...but uh..."

Jel stared back at me, looking like he is holding in a laugh. "Its the wedding dress and the suit, isn't it?"

"Yea, kinda..."

Jel leaned backwards, making a dramatic pose as he held his hand over his forehead as Leon held him, "Oh woe is me, im Iris and I can't draw an octoling in a dress being held by a handsome inkling in a suit..."

I sigh and shake my head as I sit down in front of the canvas and pick up my brush, "I sometimes wonder why I even hang out with you all at times.", I look back over at the two and try to draw the basic figures of the two.

"Its because we are so cool~"

"Or it could be because of pity?", Leon responded with.

"Woooooooooow...Iris, do you see this guy? Can't believe I like him, ugh, so rude."

I chuckle slightly as the two continued to continued to talk. Stroke after stroke, I keep on painting the two goofballs. Every so often, the two would talk among themselves as I focused on the canvas...then for some reason I could just...not.

"Hm? Hey Iris, are you ok?", I jolted upwards slightly and but the brush down, peeking my head above the canvas. Jel was in the same pose, listening to something using wireless earbuds with his eyes closed while Leon still held him, "I just noticed you stopped for a minute or two, having trouble painting?"

Moving out of the way of the canvas, I grab my chair and sit myself down, holding my head up as I rest my elbow on my leg, "Yea, just having trouble. Been trying to do some art but its just...harder sometimes. I want to but its like some force just stops me from making anything."

"Fair, I don't really draw so I have a hard time relating to that but hey, take your time when it comes down to this, im fairly patient...plus, Jelly is pretty light."

"Pffft, Jelly?"

Jel quickly opened his eyes, his face turning what I was sure was the color tobermory before pushing his hands in Leon's face, "No no no shut UP don't call me that out in public!"

"Jel, Jelly, my tiny man, we are out in the woods where NOBODY knows where we are. Only Iris would hear me call you that."

"YEA I KNOW THAT BUT IM SUPPOSED TO BE THE COOL BROTHER AND IF SOMEBODY HEARS YOU CALL ME THAT PET NAME THEN THEY CAN MAKE JOKES TOWARDS ME!!!!", he said in a jokingly angry tone.

Jel quickly went into his octopi form and started to spin around on the grass and hop around slightly. I just started to laugh at the way Jel was acting while Leon tried to back back up Jel. "Calm down, Jel..."

"Yea yea I know I was messing with you. Plus, it would be counter-intuitive to stain this..." He popped back upwards into his more humanoid form before he twirled around his dress, "BE-U-TIF-FUL wedding dress."

I calmed myself down from my laughing fit and picked back up my brush, "Jel, quick question before I get back to finishing up this colorless painting: Why the dress and not just a suit like Leon."

"Levo's dared me to...then Flowla egged me on...then Jaiden found out and got me one unironically.", Jel then proceeded to hop back into Leon's arms before relaxing his head.

"Ah, I might have to talk to Jaiden about that, see how much a dress like that cost."

"Well, even if it costed a little or a lot, I think Jel looks absolutely amazing~"

"Ok, can it, pretty boy. Too much flirting in such a short amount of time."

Leon gave Jel a small smile before looking back at me, "Well, work your magic, Iris."

-------------------------------
A hour later...
----------------------

I wipe the sweat off my forehead and look over the painting. 
Adding a few more details...
Just a tiny bit more...

"Done!"

I looked over to the two, with Jel slumping into Leon's arms, looking tired. "Ugh, finally, it was more tiring then you think to hold a pose...Leon, carry me.", Jel than went into his octopi form and snuggled up towards Leon.

"Ok...its not the best but I hope you two like it!", flipping over the canvas, waiting for the response of the two.

its not the best but I hope you two like it!", flipping over the canvas, waiting for the response of the two

"That is...amazing..."

I saw the small octopi Jel open his eyes and look at the painting.

"Holy...is that a wedding ring?"

"Um, yea, I added a few things to fit into the whole...'wedding' outfi-"

"Amazing, I love it, I will be taking it and showing it off to Flowla and Levo's and look FABOULOUS while doing it."

I could only stare at Jel as he held the painting in his octopi form before he went back to laying down. "Ok yea, im exausted...Leon, continue carrying me, you can sleep over at our house if you want, we have some leftover cheese & ham Lasagna in the fridge...also you can come along too, Iris, as a payment of some sort..."

"Well, Iris, you want to join us for dinner?"

"Sure, why not? I am pretty beat, and I also do want to see the reactions of Flowla and Levo's..."

"I will still be wearing this to our wedding if were to ever have one, Leon."

"PFFFFFFFFFT-"

------------------------------------
Words: 866
Full credit for that art goes to Kono/Konoshi, an amazing artist AND the actual creator of Iris, Jaiden, and Snowy!