1 ~ Edmund, Is it?

A/N: This fanfiction takes place during prince Caspian. Peter is 19, Susan is 18 and Lucy is 14, You and Edmund are currently 16 and are in the same school in Finchley, London. I really hope you enjoy reading :) this chapter is a bit rubbish but I promise it gets better, in my opinion at least haha.  IT GETS BETTER!

On a sunny september afternoon in 1941, a girl sat alone, elbow on desk and hand in hair, staring with the utmost boredom at the chalkboard. She, however, was unaware of a few things. The First was that sat behind her was a boy, a boy she was soon to know and grow extremely close to. And the second, was that her life as she knew it was soon to change, it would morph completely leaving her a different person, but that is something we will get onto later. Her name was Amy, and her fate was about to unfold.

-Amy's P.O.V-

Gazing mindlessly at a chalkboard was how I spent most of my time, listening to lessons that seemed to drone on forever. I was daydreaming about my father, the adventures we used to have. He used to take me to the most amazing beach, where the golden beams of sunlight reflected magnificently upon the waves, and the sand beneath our feet was so fine, so soft we played in it for hours upon end. 

I missed him dearly, He disappeared out of the blue when I was ten, nobody knows why, nobody knows how. The authorities never found him, and due to my mothers passing when i was but a babe, they placed me in the care of my uncle, a nice man with a kind heart, but a busy schedule and a business to attend to.

I awoke from my daydreams as the class started to pack away their possessions and began to exit the room. Was it already the end of the day? Had I been daydreaming for that long? I had no time to think and started to cram supplies into my satchel, unaware of the fact that I had managed to drop many of my implements onto the hard wood floor. Frustrated and rather flustered, I rose from my seat, well attempted to at least, I had collided with a tall figure.

Confused, I turned my head, locking my viridescent eyes with deep hazel ones. I gasped internally, entranced by the glimmer in them. The gaze was broken "um you dropped these," a handsome voice spoke, and I looked at the boy standing before me, I had gazed in wonder at this boy many times before admiring his intelligence, humour and obviously looks. He extended his arm and revealed my pens from within his palm. I smiled at his kindness. Our hands collided momentarily as I took back my belongings "Oh, thank you.. Edmund, is it?" His eyes lit up at the mention of his name. "y-yeah it is, and it's really no problem Amy, " he said with a chuckle. 

He raised his arm and gestured for me to exit the Isle of desks before him, looking at me mischievously through a slightly raised brow, "Ladies first" he insisted. 

I chuckled quietly. "Thank you," I said to him, walking past his extended arm. He followed me out of the room. A small smile had placed itself upon both of our faces. 

"I do that all the time," Edmund began to speak "I get lost in my own thoughts and then before I know it the day has passed me by" He said with a light laugh.

I smiled "Exactly" 

"well if you need to copy my work, due to your daydreaming" he chuckled "all you need to do is ask"

"thanks Edmund, I might take you up on that offer" I replied, I couldn't stop grinning.

"So how was your summer?" He asked as we reached the doors to leave school.

"It was... unusual" I smiled "but then again so was most people's" I recalled seeing masses of evacuees leaving thier families. " how was yours?"

"Yeah, like you said unusual." He paused,  a bemused look on his face that I couldn't quite work out. "But I was lucky, I managed to stay with my siblings, when we were evacuated."

"Oh, I'm sorry Edmund."

He responded with a tone of nostalgia "No, no its alright. It turned out to be the best summer I've ever had actually."

"Oh really?" I questioned with a smile.

"yeah" he chuckled. "So the mansion we were staying in belonged to a professor, who had an extremely strict housekeeper." I chuckled, I could tell where this story was going...

one hilarious conversation later, we arrived at the train station. Edmund had started to tell me all about his adventures in the countryside and how he had gotten in heaps of trouble for smashing the window of a professors mansion while playing rounders with his siblings.

As we descended down the stairs into the underground station, shouting and chanting was heard. Edmund turned to me, confusion plastered on his face. Our leisurely stroll contorted into a jog down the stairs. We reached the bottom and shared a worried glance.
A fight had broken out, three boys were attacking a tall blonde boy, probably about 18, punching him continuously grunting and shouting as they did. The blonde boy was putting all his might into ridding himself of the attackers. However, all of his attempts were unsuccessful.

"Peter?! PETER!" Edmund shouted. I gasped in fear when the realisation hit. That was Edmunds brother. Without hesitation, Edmund shoved his way past onlookers in a desperate attempt to get to his brother. "Edmund, be careful!" I hollered, not that he heard me over the roaring of the crowd. Once he reached the centre of chaos, he flung his blazer from his torso and pushed up the sleeves of his blouse, revealing his toned forearms. I stared at his actions in adoration.

 I watched through a wall of onlookers, Edmund was ferociously defending his brother throwing mighty punches left and right, the Pevensies now had the upper hand and started to visibly win the fight. Edmund and Peter were an unstoppable force, they fought together with extreme bravery. They knew each others strengths and weaknesses, they fought back to back, it was as if they knew each others next moves. They moved in unison, two triumphant knights, it seemed.

This triumph was short-lived, as a piercing whistle shot through the air

A/N: i really hope you enjoyed reading this please stick around :) IT GETS BETTER!