6 ~ An odd coincidence

"you may find that Narnia is a more savage place than you remember" the little man stated.

We all exchanged a worried look.

I glanced at Edmund, Dread written across his face. The group began to move through the forest on foot and the small man who said his name was Trumpkin started to tell us about Susan's Horn, That the fugitive Telmarine Prince Caspian had blown it in a desperate attempt at saving Narnia and all of its magic. To free the Narnians from the evil Reign of the Telmarines.

"After that I was captured, taken to the Telmarine castle. where the princes corrupt uncle has claimed the throne" Trumpkin Finished the tale.

"sounds like Narnia really does need our help," Peter said, Eyes wide in shock.

"I would never have guessed it was quite that bad" Susan chimed in.

We continued to walk through the scenic forest, Lucy and Trumpkin were talking, as were Susan and peter. Similarly me and Edmund were having our own conversation. He had begun to tell me about the mystical Narnian creatures that lived here.

"Centaurs Exist here too." Edmund listed.

"Really?!" I Questioned surprised. He raised his eyebrow with a smile and nodded his head.

"Their not great to talk to though, quite serious creatures." he said "of course I'm much better company"

"Are you sure?" I said smirking at my own stupid joke "Trumpkin is much friendlier than you." I finished sarcastically, sniggering.

"Hey!" Edmund half shouted an Exaggerated frown on his face

"Alright! I'm just kidding, you are really nice to talk to." I smiled honestly for a moment but as we made eye contact we burst into laughter.

"Stop Fauning over me" Edmund struggled to say though his laughter.

"what, I'm no-" I stopped and gave him a blank stare as a realised. "Fauning" I mocked him. "that was actually the worst joke ever" I said laughing. He was referring to another Narnian creature he had just been telling me about: Fauns.

"then why are you laughing" Edmund said looking at me with a stupid grin on his face.

"oh shush" I said attempting to supress my grin but failing miserably. I blushed under his stare, and I heard him chuckle once more as I did.

"Where are we?! I don't remember this way" Susan said loudly to the group.

"that's the problem with girls, you cant carry a map in your heads" Peter replied as he walked.

"that's because our heads have something in them" Lucy laughed walking behind peter.

"I wish he'd just listen to the D.L.F in the first place" Susan said.

"D.L.F?" I questioned.

"Dear little friend" lucy answered smiling at Susan, it must be an inside joke, I thought.

Trumpkin stopped in his tracks "oh, that's not at all patronising, is it?" He said sarcastically.

Me and Edmund looked at each other and laughed silently. About a minute further along the path we Reached a dead end, Surrounded by boulders so tall that blocked any way of continuing onward.

"I'm not lost" peter said.

"no you're just delusional" Edmund muttered under his breath. I heard him and smiled at his stupid joke.

"you're not, you're just going the wrong way" Trumpkin stepped forward.

"you Said you Last saw Caspian at the shuddering woods" Peter argued feistily, clearly infuriated by the situation "and the quickest way there is to cross at the river Rush."

"unless I'm mistaken there is no crossing in these parts" Trumpkin said back.

"That explains it then. You're mistaken" Peter said harshly. I wasn't keen on his tone and I could tell that his siblings were not fond of it either.

We walked tediously around the boulders until we reached a steep canyon with a river flowing many metres below. We all leaded over the edge of the cliff and gazed down at the fast flowing water.

"you see over time, water erodes the earths soil, carving deeper-" Susan was interrupted rudely by a very fed up Peter.

"oh shut up!"

"is there a way down" Edmund asked Trumpkin

"yeah," He replied and Edmund's face lit up "falling" Trumpkin finished.

"oh" Edmund answered.

"well we weren't lost" Peter said as everyone but me and lucy moved away from the cliff edge.

"there's a ford near Beruna. How do you guys feel about swimming" Trumpkin spoke behind me.

"better that than more walking" Susan replied. I glanced at the group and sighed all our walking was for nothing. I turned back to the gorge to be sure there was no way across.

"Maybe its for the best" I said to lucy, " There's a fierce looking lion on that side anyway, wouldn't want to cross his path" I finished. She shot around, her eyes wide and a giant smile strewn across her face

"Aslan?! Its Aslan! Its Aslan over there" She turned to look at the others pointing at the lion. I looked back at the group also. confusion expressed on my face. "do you see?! He's right there!" she turned back around to where the lion had stood "oh" she said as she realised along with me that the lion was no longer there.

All of us gazed at the empty rock across the valley.

"I'm not crazy" Lucy said.

"she's not lying, there was a lion over there" I pointed as I spoke. The three siblings faces contorted into utter bemusement as I said I had seen the lion.

"he wanted us to follow him" Lucy added.

"I'm sure there are any number of lions in this wood." Peter remarked. "just like that bear"

"I think I know Aslan when I see him" Lucy replied clearly beginning to grow upset

I tried to calm lucy "not that I've ever seen a lion before nor know who Aslan is but The lion didn't look Wild, It looked" I paused searching for the right words "Majestic and Proud."

"look," Trumpkin started "I'm not about to jump off a cliff after someone who doesn't exist."

"the last time I didn't believe lucy, I ended up... looking pretty stupid" Edmund Recalled, a Deep and thoughtful look about him.

"why wouldn't I have seen him?" peter began to say "why did you see him?" he said gesturing to me.

"maybe she was looking, and you weren't" Lucy responded.

I felt so out of place. Why was I brought to Narnia?

Peter sighed and turned to walk away, Susan followed him, so did Trumpkin. Me Lucy and Edmund remained at the cliff edge.

"I'm sorry" I uttered to Lucy.

"its alright Amy" lucy said defeated. With her head hanging low she begun to follow peter.

I looked at Edmund sorrow in my eyes.

"I believe you and lucy" He told me.

"Thanks Edmund" I replied as I began to walk alongside him "if only this tree would fall so wed have a sort of bridge" I patted a large evergreen tree that we were passing.

The group continued in silence, such silence in fact that a thud from behind us caused us to jump. I peeped at Edmund and could tell what he was thinking. Did that tree just collapse?

A/N: thankyou for reading! ilysm! vote if you enjoyed <3 I have created a tt acount for edits Of Edmund and this story i would appreciate if you checked it out!

account name: