2 ~ What is this place?

A piercing whistle shot through the air.
Two train wardens advanced towards the crowd of chaos, they had a cruel and cold look in their eyes. They drew closer and closer to Edmund and his brother, pushing onlookers out of the way, inching closer toward the centre of the gathering. I had to do something before Edmund, and Peter found themselves in epic trouble. "Edmund, watch out!" I shouted, and his eyes found mine, I hurriedly gestured to the wardens. My warning had proved work as Edmund and his brother slithered through the crowd and were able to avoid the wrath of the wardens.
The crowd soon dispersed as the wardens shrill cries of punishment for all those involved rang in the air.

I glanced about for Edmund, only to find him stood looking at me from across the station. He gestured for me to go over to him and smiled sweetly. Hurriedly, I grabbed the blazer that he had so attractively flung across the floor and walked over to him.
"You dropped this" I said. chuckling, I then extended my arm out holding his blazer, our hands collided momentarily yet again, as he took it, this time he looked up at me a miniscule smirk planted in the corner of his mouth.

"Thanks Amy, I'm presuming you-" Edmund started before he was interrupted by a girl sat beside Peter. She stood up as she spoke, "So who's this Edmund, your girlfriend? "she giggled as she spoke, her words made me blush, I dared not reply.
"Lucy!" The girl beside her spoke with a maternal tone in her voice. "Don't be so rude!" The first girl, Lucy, giggled and sat back down, squirming in her seat.

I peeked through my curtain of embarrassment at Edmund, his cheeks were rosy with humiliation. It was cute. He broke the hush that had come about the five of us "Amy, this is ki- uh, Peter, Susan and lucy" he gestured to each of them as he spoke, I hesitantly waved a polite hello at all of them individually.

 Susan arose from her seat to greet me, she seemed extremely kind and gentle. " hello Amy, I'm pleased to meet you, thankyou ever so much for getting Peter and Edmund out of that mess before the wardens could catch them" she looked back at Peter with a stern brow " I'm not quite sure what we would do if peter got himself into even more bother than he already is."

I grinned kindly, but before I could reply lucy, quite conveniently, interrupted "hello Amy, I'm also delighted to meet you , you seem to be good friends with Edmund, which means we will get along perfectly well, him being my brother and all, although this one time he did-"

"Lou!" peter said "stop bothering Amy with your endless rambling!"

All five of us erupted into laughter. This went on for a minute each of us enjoying one another's company, acting like the children we were, carefree. Susan broke the joyous ringing of our vocal chords with a deadly serious question that caused everyone to stop and stare at peter "why did that fight start anyway peter?" 

Peter nervously fixed his hair, and groaned, he started to speak "I'm tired of being treated like a chi-" he remembered my presence and corrected his sentence "l-like a nobody"

"but that's what you are" Edmund muttered, quietly enough so that he thought nobody heard, grinning to himself. His childlike remark was heard however by all of us "why you!!" peter playfully shouted jabbing Edmund in the stomach with an imaginary sword. once again we all burst into laughter.

The train was just arriving when lucy squealed rather loudly "ouch!" she proclaimed "something pinched me!" we all searched for the source of her rather random pinch but nobody could catch sight of anything. "hey! stop pulling!" Peter shouted at Edmund who was stood next to me stationary, he clearly didn't do anything. Edmund argued "I'm not touching you!" confusion cast across his face. Susan attempted to calm the situation "Will all of you just- ow! What is that!" she herself had now fallen victim to this mystery pincher. "what is going on there isn't anything there!" I said loudly above the accelerating train whizzing past all of us. Lucy suddenly gasped and turned to Susan "it feels like magic!" 

"what, there's no such thing as-" I was interrupted by Susan "quick! everyone hold hands!" . Edmund gazed at me smirking, his arm extended towards me, palm open and upwards "what?" I scoffed. "just trust me" Edmund replied with an honest smile. I surrendered with a sigh and our fingers interlocked it brought a smile to both of our faces that we each tried our best to hide.

The train seemed to speed past us forever accelerating by the second.  the room around us seemed to be imploding, posters ripping from the walls, bricks pulled from their places, lampshades swaying violently in the wind (that usually does not exist inside). Impossibly, the windows of the train no longer held the view of a tiled wall but slowly revealed a cove upon a beach, a lavish destination. the sun hung perfectly in the sky casting warn tones of yellow and orange onto the horizon of cool glistening blue water. Waves gently caressed the sand on the beach and created an amazing sound. I widened my eyes in awe. the last carriage of the train finally passed us and suddenly we were all stood within a cave, sand beneath our shoes and a salty smell in the air.

A comfortable silence befell us all as we stepped in unison towards the sea. I my jaw dropped as wonderful memories of childhood came rushing back to me. playing on the beach with my father, laughing until our lungs collapsed, pranking him with a hole I had dug under his towel, learning how to swim ; these were memories I treasured, oh how I miss him. 

Lucy stepped forward with excitement  plastered upon her face, and faced Susan and Peter, they started to giggle as their feet led them hurriedly towards the waves, flinging off their blazers and jumpers as they ran. 

Edmund faced me grinning from ear to ear. "What is this place?" I questioned him.

His grin grew even wider "Welcome to Narnia."

A/N: I really hoped you liked this chapter it was a bit longer with over 1000 words but still not quite my desired length, I'm having so much fun making this so I hope you have fun reading it :)