15 ~ A mysterious dream

A/N: I hope you enjoy! Vote and comment if you do it helps the algorithm so much! Love you all for reading! <3

___

Edmund signaled with his torch once more. A Gryphon landed behind us. Without letting me go, Edmund helped me to board it's back. And we flew over the carnage of the night raid. Boddies were scattered about like leafs at the base of a tree, piled atop of one another limbs sticking out every which way, still, cold and silent. I buried my head into Edmund arm, depressed about the loss that occurred tonight. Evenually, i exhaled. Sat up and said,

"We have to end this, for them"

"We will Amy," he replied in a low voice "we will."

The flight back to our horses was nothing but solemn. Not another word was exchanged between me and Edmund, nor was much said when we landed at back at our tied up steeds.

Peter looked distraught. His eyes no longer seemed to sparkle with that patriotic gleam, instead they were dim, dull and dreary. Rather than announcing our departure as he had done yesterday evening, he waved the remaining troops over and we begun the cortege like parade back to the mound. I could tell by looking at him his spirit had been crushed, it must have been awfull in his shoes, planning and commanding a raid that caused the death of so many innocent and loyal soilders.

Just as before me and Edmund shared a horse, but this time no butterflies were nesting in the pit of my stomach, instead a heavy feeling sunk deep into my soul. Despair.

"It must have been so hard for him" I said lowly to Edmund, who on hearing me speak sat up straight and exhaled before replying.

"Yeah..." He paused, pondering his words "when we ruled, he led many armies and won many wars. But this loss is something I don't think he'll ever learn to forget."

I nodded and gazed sympathetically at the droopy peter who seemed to hang off his horse like a rag doll, without purpose, without reason.

Me and Edmund did not share any other words for a while. We rode in silence, our mood fractionally lightening with the sky. Not a sound was spoken, untill...

Out of the blue a deep and low voice sounded from below our steed.
"Are you guys alright?" The voice spoke slowly as if the speaker was uncertain of his own words. "What happened in there?"

I turned to face Edmund, with a confused expression about my face. When his only answer was a lighthearted smile I leaned to the right and peeked under the saddle. Nothing.

"Who are you?" I questioned anxiously. "Show yourself!" I reached for Edmunds sword behind me but was interrupted by a gentle hand.

"Amy, it's okay" he chuckled circling his thumb about the back of my hand.
"Horses can talk here" he whispered into my ear.

"Oh" I chortled, causing all those infront of us to turn with a questioning look about them. I blushed under the harsh gaze of centaurs and fawns.

Edmund stifled a laugh from behind me and I could fell his torso tense and shake upon my back.
I nudged him with my elbow, earning a whispered 'oi!"

"what are you laughing at?!" I breathed, my face still a shade of crimson.

"We shouldn't be laughing Amy," he said regaining his composure as well as he could. "Cenataurs are very solemn and serious creatures. Also - how did you not know that horses spoke?!"

"Um maybe because I've only been in narnia a few days, and you usually don't encounter talking horses in Finchley on a day to day basis Edmund. " I sighed at his idiotic question.