16 ~ White Witch

"Thankyou Amy, you're a good listener and really nice to talk to, I can see why Edmund likes you so much."

My face began to burn and I thanked the heavens for this dim lighting. He liked me?! It would make sense, I mean the way he was defensive on the turrets and how he held me on the ride back here maybe he did-
My realisation was interrupted from the stomping of hooves leaking into the room, we were bombarded with cheery solders and Caspian, lucy, Susan and Edmund walked toward us.

Before they could reach us peter said quietly "and Amy?" turning my head he continued "Tell anyone about this and I'll set Reepicheep on you"

I laughed at his hilarious threat and greeted lucy and the others.

"Hey we were going to try to get some rest," Susan stated. "Are you two coming?"

"Yeah I'm absolutely shattered" peter replied wiping his forehead.

"Maybe in a bit, I just have some stuff to figure out, but you guys go ahead" I smiled and noticed i was receiving strange look from Edmund.

"Okay, see you in a bit Amy." Susan responded sort of groggily.

As they left for the makeshift sleeping quarters Edmund lingered and asked. "What do you have to figure out exactly?" With a raised eyebrow.

I grabbed his arm and pulled him aside, slightly out of earshot of the Narnians in the room.

Edmund chuckled "what?" Which came to a halt once he saw my grave expression.

"On the tower, when I 'healed' you" I began. "It hurt me." Pausing I looked at his shifting facial expression "when I was healing you I heard- I think Aslan spoke to me."

His eyes widened. "what did he say?!"

"He said I must remember that everything has a price, that I've got to be willing to pay it."

Edmund nodded, his brows were furrowed as if his brain was tied into a tight knot being pulled at both ends.

"That's that then. You can't heal anyone else, not if it hurts you. We'll keep your healing power a secret okay?" He said firmly through good intention. I agreed.
"Where's my- your- I mean the injury? Does it hurt?" He questioned scanning the ruffles of my dresses sleeves.

I attempted to reassure Edmund "No, no. It doesn't hurt, the pain only lasted a few minutes."

"You promise?"

"Yeah, I'm completely fine." I answered. And when his face read unconvinced I pulled my dresses neckline down past my collarbone revealing the shoulder where I once felt the pain. "See." I looked back up at Edmund.

His eyelids fluttered and he nervously cleared his throat "yep, I believe you."

"You should go with the others Edmund, get some rest, you were awake the entire way back" I smiled, noticing the blush that had fallen upon his cheeks.

"Okay" he nodded. "Now that you mention it I am pretty shattered. See you in a bit Amy." And he followed the others into the sleeping bunkers.

I walked into the deserted chamber stealthily, I wanted to make sure I was alone, to practice my newfound magical abilities.

I scanned the chamber for any Narnians and was content to find it empty. Hurriedly I made my way behind a wide pillar in the corner of the room, this way if anyone walked in I would have time to act normal.

Slowly taking in a deep breath of the cool damp smelling air I cleared my head. And attempted to make something appear. Only issue was what. Perhaps a sword this time, slightly bigger and maybe more challenging that a bundle of rope, I thought.