20~ Tactics

After awkwardly walking into the room late, hand in hand, and receiving a knowing yet amused look from both Susan and Lucy, Peter filled us in on ideas.

Caspian thought we should gather our forces and attack before they had the chance to, Lucy argued that our best chance lied with Aslan and that we should focus on finding him. And Peter explained that he wanted to use me as a 'secret weapon' of sorts.

"That wont work." Edmund muttered, without realising how loud he spoke.

peter scrunched up his face "why?"

"We can't use her as a 'secret weapon' " he said stepping towards the table intently "they already know we have her" the room fell silent, i recalled letting that soldier live during the raid, he continued "our best bet is not to use her, they will be expecting us to have this magical advantage and will be preparing defences entirely against that, defences that will be rendered near useless if we use sheer force." As he spoke a smile crept onto his face and his eyebrows arched slightly, he knew he was right, and by the looks of it so did everyone else, exept for Peter and I.

I hated to disagree with Edmund, he did make a really good point, but I needed to help fight, surely we should be making use of my powers.

Before I had chance to articulate my concern, Peter spoke.

"From all that we have heard, and witnessed, we can all agree that Amy is our most valuable asset. Not to use her powers would be, simply put, foolish."

The pause in peters speech allowed me to interject, "I want to help you guys. Saving narnia was why I was brought here with you four, why aslan gave me the roar. So that I would be able to fight for freedom. I can't just hide, they know about me and there's nothing we can do about that now, but I won't just idoly sit back and let you guys endanger yourselves." I squeezed Edmunds hand, hoping he would understand my viewpoint. He squeezed back and I released a sigh of relief while Edmund inhaled as if he was about to speak.

"So what if you use the element of surprise instead of secrecy. We can delay any loss using miraz's pride to our advantage, you say he is stubborn and arrogant?" Edmund questioned caspian, earning a silent nod "Then we challenge him to a delay he cannot refuse, a battle with Peter. Me and Amy will go to thier camp, accompanied of course, and convince him to accept an invitation from peter to deul. It will also help for him to see her in person, he will then predict her attack first if anything goes south. However during the duel she will go with lucy to find aslan, miraz will be expecting her presence at the duel so her absence will really play with his mind giving us an advantage. When you return with aslan, the battle will have started, you, lucy and aslan can attack the telmarine troops when they least expect it. They will expect us to use our greatest force at the start because our numbers are so low, if we can lure them into that false sense of security and then strike, we will win."

I stood, much like everyone else, completely in awe of Edmund. I had heard he was extremely tactical but had no idea he was this smart.

The decision was henceforth unanimous as Edmund stood rightfully proud of his plan.

---

The plan commenced.

Me and Edmund left the mound accompanied by two cenataurs and a rather large cyclops for safety, and as lucy called it added 'scare factor'.

As we emerged Edmund slid his hand away from mine to my utmost dismay and I looked at him worried, confusion brewing under my expression due to his arbitrary action.

"If they see how close we are they'll use it against us," he said scouring the trees in the distance as if expecting danger, when I didn't respond he turned to me sympathetically "sorry".
I nodded it was much safer this way, I did not want the telmarines harming Edmund to use me, as much as he didn't want them to hurt me.