14 ~ The Night Raid Part 2

A/N: I could not wait to write this so here you go!! Two updates in one day!
____

"I just wish I could do something to make it better" I muttered, inspecting the severity of the gash.

"Maybe... you can?" Edmund spoke softly.

I had almost forgotten about the roar inside me.

"I'll try" I reassured him.

I remembered how I made the rope appear less than twenty minutes ago and how my hands begun to emit golden light, so I reached for Edmunds wound.

"Sorry if this hurts" I whispered, and placed my hands on the open cut. Edmund winced at the contact so I muttered another 'sorry' before closing my eyes and wishing with all my might for something, anything to happen.

Suddenly a pure white light flashed beneath my eyelids and a powerful roar erupted within my head. Then a voice, that sounded as if it was everywhere and nowhere all at once, spoke a sentence ill never forget...

"Amy, remember that all power comes with a price, you must be willing to pay."

The light disappeared and I opened my eyes, aghast.

"are you okay?" Edmund managed to mumble, Dazed yet sweetly concerned.

"Yeah, Ed, I'm fine" I strained in response as a deep aching pain became apparent in my left arm. It lingered for a minute or two leaving me almost frozen in fear and agony. Eventually the pain left my body, but I did not forget the words spoken to me, by I assumed Aslan, in that pure blaze of light. To heal others I had to be willing to feel thier pain and pay the price of their wounds?
Whatever it meant, I was glad to see that Edmund was no longer hurt.

Edmund soon regained his composure and plucked his weapons from the floor.

"How did you do that!?" He shouted in a whisper, clearly just as freaked out by tonight's events as I was. "I mean- other than Lucy's vial of fire flower juice of course, ive never seen anything like it!" Edmund halted his spiralling when he noticed I had fazed out. "are you okay?"

"huh?" I was interrupted from my thoughts "yeah, no, I'm all good." I responded pushing out a warm smile. The last thing I wanted to do was worry him with this, he did not need any distractions at the moment.

I scanned the courtyard below us and according to the plan, Reepicheep and his gang of 'mighty mice' as he called them had managed to open the gate and lower the drawbridge completely undetected.

"look" I said, pointing to the unguarded entrance

"hm." Edmund remarked "they really are some mighty mice" He mimicked and I giggled at his sad attempt at humour. "I should signal the troops"

Whilst Edmund was once again preoccupied with his torch I stole a glance under my sleeve, due to the unexplained pain a few minutes ago I expected to see some sort of surface wound, or at least a bruise. Nothing. My arm was perfectly untouched. I ran my fingers over the smooth skin of my arm.

Edmund chuckled beside me. "what are you doing?"

To Edmunds utmost surprise, I grabbed his arm and peered through the torn threads of his shirt at where the sword had injured him. Nothing. 

He placed his still hand over my shaking one.

"Amy, calm down, I'm fine. Don't worry."

I retreated from my intense inspection and nodded. "Okay." I exhaled "Lets get on with the plan." 

"Right. Weakening their forces." Edmund started to survey each turret and balcony in view and I could tell he was plotting our next attacks.

"Jackpot!" Edmund asserted, grasping my hand and pointing it in the direction of a cluster of nightguards.