9 ~ Lucy's Dream

"Amy!" I heard lucy shout, I turned and stopped walking to let her catch up with me. "I had the strangest dream," she said rather slowly "and you were in it."

Edmunds head turned with interest, a bemused expression oh his face.

"really?" I questioned, with a polite laugh "what happened?"

"well" she begun to speak, her eyes wandering as if she was recalling real events "I had woken up and decided to take a walk through the woods, explore a bit."

"wow great dream Lu." Edmund said dryly.

I nudged his arm playfully "let her finish"

"thankyou Amy, As I was saying, I made my way between the trees and felt a gentle breeze on my neck." she said "when I turned into the breeze there you were."

My face contorted into confusion.

"you were there surrounded by silky petals that floated and danced around you, you were smiling, twirling and turning, " she laughed "it looked like you were dancing with the wind. I called your name and you ran to me, the wind behind you. It was great Amy, really, we were laughing and dancing" Lucy sighed with a smile. "you pointed at a gathering of trees behind me and as I looked they began to dance with one another, clearing some sort of path. I tried to grab your hand but I couldn't find it, and when I turned around you had gone." She finished speaking and looked up at me.

"oh" I muttered at a loss for words, I didn't quite know what to say. "that certainly was a strange dream" I replied with a tender expression.

"I suppose it may have been influenced by yesterdays events, you know, your unlikely coincidence with the tree." Edmund said, attempting to put reason behind Lucy's wild Visions.

"yes maybe," Lucy muttered "but I cant help but feel it has to mean something."

"Why?" I curiously questioned.

"at the end of the path," she began to speak "was Aslan. I ran over to him and after our initial reunion, he started to tell me something before I awoke to the sound of an arrow being shot."

"well what did he tell you?!" Edmund said just as eager to hear it as I was.

"Calm down Edmund! I was about to tell you" Lucy huffed. "I thanked him for providing the bridge for us with the tree, at the gorge... but he told me 'Do not thank me, for I am not the one who helped, Dear one' before I could ask him what he meant I woke up" Lucy said.

"does he always speak in riddles like that?" I asked.

"Unfortunately, yes." Edmund answered.

"what on earth could that mean, if it wasn't him, who, or what was it?" I questioned, earning a sigh from lucy and a hum from Edmund.

Lucy suddenly switched back to her cheery self "maybe we will find out at some point!" she said as she jogged to catch up with Trumpkin and the mouse named Reepicheep.

"that mouse really is cute." I said to Edmund, and when I didn't get a response I looked at him, his brows were extremely tense and his jaw clenched, he looked very deep in thought. "Edmund? what's the matter?"

"Don't you think it all adds up Amy?" He said "I mean yes the tree falling down seemed a coincidence at first but then Lucy says it wasn't Aslan." he said using his hands to emphasise his words.

"you don't think-" I started to speak

"And in her dream you were dancing with the wind, then you made the trees dance," He said his pace quickening. "Amy it all makes perfect sense."