10 ~ His sweet embrace

"Wait Amy, wait." he said still giggling in-between words. "lets see what the story is about"

"Alright" I huffed in defeat.

"Okay" he began to speak, straightening his posture and shuffling his feet "so we know In Cair Paravel the story began with Aslan roaring at a baby" He scanned the walls of the chamber for an image that resembled this. "here" he gasped and I rushed over to his side.

The image was indeed Aslan roaring at a babe, but there was one extra and rather crucial detail. A man, possibly the father, stood Facing Aslan, holding out the baby. The man was indeed human as captioned underneath the image four words were engraved "The daughter of Adam"

My face dropped in shock as I read the last word and i muttered to Edmund "Ed... That was my father's name."

He glanced at me and we shared an aghast expression.

We moved along to the next carving, the same man and a little girl chasing each other on the soft sands of a Narnian beach.

"Can't be..." I whispered, my voice choked.

The next carving along the walls showed the man, yet again, this however was a portrait. His armour was adorned with the Narnian crest. A proud Expression rested upon him. He was holding a mighty sword one that looked Extremely like peters, a lions head for the pommel at the tip of the hilt. He looked no longer like a kind father but a mighty Warrior. 

"High King Adam The First." Edmund read aloud mouth slightly agape in awe as we made eye contact "Amy This has got to be your father, If this isn't adding up then I don't know what ever will."

"yeah," I replied "It must be him." I took a breath "It must be me"

Edmund smiled kindly and said "you know what this means?" After shaking my head, confused, he spoke "You are Narnian royalty"

Our laughter was interrupted with the sound of arguing. 

"Peter" Edmund said under his breath and we rushed the the site of commotion. We sat at the bottom of a pillar, some of it had worn away and was now the perfect height for a seat. The others were all gathered, listening to Peter and Caspian.

"it's only a matter of time" Peter begun to announce "Mraz's men and war machines are on their way" he paused Turning and looking at all of the Narnians surrounding him and Caspian "that means those same men aren't protecting his castle"

"what do you propose we do, your Majesty?" Reepicheep asked.

Both peter and Caspian Begun to speak at the same time, cutting each other off, and shared a look of annoyance. Peter raised his chin in arrogance, he was not backing down. I felt a pang of sympathy for Caspian as he nodded his head at peter in defeat. It must have been strange for him as he too was a prince and was not used to having to obey others in this way.

"our only hope" Peter continued "is to strike them before they strike us"

"no, that's crazy. No one has ever taken that castle" As Caspian spoke Susan stepped forward next to him. I had begun to notice something going on between these two and it was adorable.

"there's always a first time" Peter combatted.

"well have the element of surprise" Trumpkin added.

"but we have the advantage here!" Caspian aimed to reassure.

Susan argued on Caspian's side "if we dig in we could probably hold them off indefinitely" As she said this Caspian looked at her with a glisten in his eyes.

Peter tensed his jaw as a small badger spoke "I for one feel safer underground" It was beginning to seem as if Caspian had gotten his point across when peter carried on.