21 ~ Lion hunters

A deep voice rang from above me "Come on, let's go" and so, taking my hand we navigated through the woods back to safety.
Soon the battle would begin.

---

We walked back into an extremely nervous Peter, pacing back and forth the length of the chamber, upon spotting us he stood tall and stopped in his tracks. "Well? Did he accept?"

"Reluctantly, yes" I replied.

"His council took some convincing, I won't be surprised if they initiate an attack" Edmund added, still in his tactical state of mind.

"We'll be prepared for it if they do, besides Amy and lucy will probably be back at that time, with Aslan." Peter countered Edmunds spiralling pointing at me and lucy as he spoke.

Edmund glanced down, and running his fingers through the fringe of his hair almost sighed "Yeah, you're right" he paused, looked at me briefly with a pained and rather uncomfortable smile before returning to his gaze with the floor.

---

Me and Lucy prepared our horse, strapping a sack of water, a chord of thick rope, and some spare arrows for my bow. Lucy, of course had her trusty dagger ready, as well as her fireflower vial, although she didn't know it wasn't completely necessary.

"I suppose we better get going," Lucy told me softly as she buckled her belt up once more.

"Okay," I replied "I just wanted to check something, I won't be long, I promise." I looked at her as I spoke, she knew where I was going, what, more likely who I wanted ro check on.

I ran through the corridors until I found him, still in the chamber, staring at Aslans picture.

"Hey," I began, he turned, a solemn expression engulfed him. "I just wanted to check up on you, you know, before everything starts." I walked toward him as I spoke, "I know you're worried about this a-about everyone," we were inches apart now,"but you need to stop. Everything will work out, our plan is foolproof, I- we have freaking cenataurs and minotaurs on our side," my thoughts spiralled, and I lost my breath as I continued "me and lucy will find Aslan a-and he'll fix all of this, I promise."

I placed my palm on Edmunds arm as he exhaled sharply.

"I don't know, Amy." He pursed his lips, furrowed his brows, leaned towards me and whispered "I have a bad feeling about all of this." I was lost for words, I thought he was confident, had done things like this many a time when he was here before. He interrupted my train of thought "I'm worried about you"

"What?!" I almost shouted, shaking my head. "Why?"

"AMYY!" a high voice sounded followed by a grunt as two small figures emerged from the corridor.

"There you are, come on" Lucy waved her hand toward her rapidly "we really should have left by now"

"And your majesty," trumpkin, addressed Edmund "your brother has requested your presence outside"

Edmund nodded and swallowed. I gazed up at him worry brewing in my leaky eyes.

"Good luck, Ed." I squeezed his shoulder and on the tips of my toes, placed a heartfelt kiss on his cheek, as I did so he breathed into my ear...

"Please... just be careful in the woods"

I fell onto my heels and reiterated with an inert brow, "Everything will work out."

---

"How long have we got?" I asked lucy, talking over the galloping as we left the mound.

"About an hour or so, should be enough" she replied raising a hand to sheild herself from the midday sun's glare.