3 ~ Welcome to Narnia

Edmund faced me grinning from ear to ear. "What is this place?" I questioned him.

His grin grew even wider "Welcome to Narnia."

"Narnia." I muttered in disbelief.

"yes," Edmund laughed "The home of magic... I have a feeling you are going to love it here Amy"

"the last time I said magic didn't exist, I ended up looking pretty stupid"

"you did didn't you" Edmund playfully replied looking at me with that stupid smile.

"Edmund!" I playfully punched his arm.

"come on Amy" he said, golden beams of light reflecting gently on his chestnut waves of hair. He ran towards the sea to join his siblings, he flung his blazer off once again and his shirt untucked itself from his belt as he ran. I dashed behind him gaining on his pace, he looked back and chuckled. Game on. I undid my tie and threw my blazer into the wind picking up my pace.

I was level with him he glanced to the side, a surprised look in his eyes which matured into a raised eyebrow and a smirk, we drew closer to where the ocean met the sand, each of us wanting to beat the other. I ran with all my might and at the last second overtook Edmund.

"Yes!" I squealed stood in the water, the bottom of my skirt wet with the salty liquid "I beat you" i said, rubbing my victory in his face.

"Edmund got beaten by a Girl!" lucy yelled, delight written all-over her face.

"hey, I did not... I let her win" Edmund protested. I giggled at his remark.

"Yeah right!" peter joined in sarcastically "your face was hilarious Edmund"

"you were trying so hard to beat her" Susan chimed in playfully.

"yeah but.." Edmund tried to argue back but he was outnumbered. I had won fair and square. At a sudden loss for words Edmund decided to use actions instead and begun to viciously splash the four of us with the cool sea water.

"bad decision there mate" peter shouted above mine, lucy and Susan's squeals "your out numbered four to one"

I grinned and looked at Lucy and Susan, simultaneously we got our due revenge on Edmund and he was soon drenched from head to toe in salty water. "Alright! Alright!" Edmund shouted failing to avoid the splashes.

The four of us stopped attacking him with water and we all erupted into laugher. Edmund glanced at me mid-laugh his dark hair appeared slicked back due to its state of wetness, his shirt clung tightly to his chest increasing in transparency as the water seeped into the material.

-Edmunds P.O.V-

I glanced at Amy and my eyes found themselves glued, fixed on her, unable to focus on anything else. She was laughing, showing her heavenly smile, her rosy lips parted perfectly, her cheeks turning the colour of joy and her eyes shimmering with glee. I was honestly ecstatic that she was here in Narnia with me. I had admired her all year throughout classes, especially literature, her contributions were extremely intelligent and thoughtful, I had attempted to speak to her many times but of course I had chickened out, her beauty was that of the gods, looking into her viridescent eyes made me quiver. I wasn't even sure if she even knew who I was before earlier today, hearing her speak my name sounded blissful and I couldn't contain my joy when I realised she knew who I was.

I broke from the spell that her beauty had put me under when I suddenly spotted ruins of a grand structure in the near distance behind Amy. I spoke over their laughter "I don't remember there being any ruins in Narnia" pointing in the direction of them. The laughter ceased as we all squinted at the mysterious ruins. "where do you suppose we are?" questioned Susan, we all turned to peter expecting an answer.

"why does everyone assume I know everything"

"because you usually have it all sorted" I chuckled, which set of lucy giggling like a madman.

"maybe we should go and investigate the ruins?" Susan suggested and we all agreed.

We made our way off the beach and up the sand dunes to where the beach meets the woodland, I peaked through the low branches at the coastline and inhaled the salty smell of the waves one last time before following Amy and my siblings into the woods.

The five of us reached the ruins and we each wandered off and started to look around, I stayed somewhat close to Amy, I was unaware of where we were and knew how dangerous some parts of Narnia could be, I didn't want her to wind up in any trouble. something about these ruins seemed familiar but I couldn't quite place it.

"Edmund!" Amy called.

"Yes, what is it?" I walked quickly over to her.

"I found this on the floor, it looks as if its solid gold!" she said confusion and excitement mixed adorably across her face. by this time my siblings had made their way over having heard us talking. We all looked as she held a golden chess piece, a noble looking horse, extremely familiar I thought, and then I remembered.

"That's mine, its from my chess set" I stated, recalling my time as king in Narnia.

"which chess set" peter said rather idiotically I thought.

"well I didn't exactly have a solid gold chess set in Finchley did I?" I explained.

"And why exactly did you have a solid gold chess set" Amy asked utterly confused. I remembered that she had no idea of mine or my sibling's royalty.

Susan answered her before I could "we lived here, this is- was our home"

"that's impossible you couldn't have lived here its all rubble, that doesn't just happen overnight" Amy replied.

"that's the thing, time works differently here" peter answered.

"we lived here for many years Amy and when we returned to England not even a day had passed." I chimed in. She seemed to be understanding now, and more open to the idea of magic, after all she was suddenly transported to Narnia less than an hour ago.

"so... who were you four, to live here?" she asked.

"We are kings and queens of Narnia" lucy answered her question. Amy gave me a surprised look, her eyes wide and lips parted, I nodded at her.

Peter coughed "High king actually" Susan whacked him across the arm.

"oh shut up" I sneered, changing the subject I stated "At least we know where we are now."

"Cair Paravel" Susan answered. Lucy had wandered off to a gathering of large rocks. I walked over to her, the others following and examined them. "catapults..." I muttered " this didn't just happen" i spoke dread setting in my stomach "Cair Paravel was attacked."

A/N : sorry that this is a short chapter again, I switched to Edmunds P.O.V for the first time so please let me know if it was okay or terrible. I hope you enjoyed, please don't be a ghost reader. please give this chapter a vote if you enjoyed it! thankyou so much for reading!