18 ~ The plan

Eventually we made it safely to the mound and rode directly in on the steed. With no time to dismount, we flew through the corridors and torchlit passage ways. Ducking under arches and narrowly dodging old rickety columns. We were lucky the mound had high ceilings in order to accommodate Cenataurs or we would have never made our way into a battle planning room with our heads still attached. Gathered inside we found Peter, Susan, Caspian and Lucy with a few fawns, dwarfs and other Narnians.

"Peter!" Edmund began to shout as we stopped before the group, pulling the reigns abruptly.

"Woah hold your horses" Peter attempted to joke, as he tuned to the others with a giddy expression.

Peter as usual clearly had not read the room when he spoke and of course had no idea that we were all in grave danger.

"There coming!" I said loudly, and Peters face dropped. All heads turned to look at us with dread, happy and light expressions had been dragged down by the two words I had just spoken.

"The Telmarines," Edmund continued my point, as the atmosphere in the toom seemed to dim and grow to an uncomfortable dampness "They found us"

"We spotted them heading this way" I said, thinking it better to leave out the details of exactly how we spotted them...

"Thousands of them. Peter, were outnumbered ten to one...."Edmund spoke gravely.

We dismounted the horse and joined the group gathered around a battle planning table. A map of narnia had been constructed into the table, there were no contour lines, but actual dips and mounds in the table, areas were labeled in a font that seemed to be floating above the map, and the North wind drawn in the top corner seemed to actually blow a mighty gust across this tiny model of Narnia.

Placed strategically in battle formations were handcrafted wooden banners, adorned with the narnian crest. A Lion. Aslan.

Peter and caspian sighed, deflated. In one foul swoop caspian flung the battle banners across and off the intracte terrain. They scattered across the floor rolling and bouncing between feet, paws and hooves. The room was silent.

Caspian was staring, panting aggressively at the pieces. His shoulders rising and falling under his leather armour. I could almost see the rage pouring out of his eyes.

"My uncle will stop at nothing. He always gets what he wants." Caspian shook his head and locked his jaw tight.

"If only we had a bigger army..." Lucy mumbled.

"Yes, but we don't Lu. Don't be silly" Susan said half annoyed as she softly rubbed her hand on Lucy's back.

Lucy was right in a way, we were sure to win if we had a bigger army. We needed more narnians but as trumpkin had told us earlier most of then had turned wild. I mean one even tried to attack poor Lucy. Wait! That's it!

I stepped cautiously forward gazing at the map. I was looking for... woods! Sure enough i spotted a huge area labelled the western woods, there was bound to be lots of wild Narnians roaming about there.

I looked back up and realised all eyes had landed on me. Narrow eyes that were full of fear, disappointment, rage.
And then I saw Edmund. He must have known I had had an idea, his eyes were wide and hopeful, he gently nodded, encouraging me to put my idea forward.

I began to speak "Lucy was actually on to something" as these words left my mouth Caspian sighed and began to turn away, but Susan coughed, took her hand of lucy and elbowed caspian.

"Her ideas have proved usefull so far, listen to her." She said through furrowed brows.

Caspian muttered what sounded something like sorry, so I continued.