8 ~ Tossing and Turning

"uh... well we tried, but uh, there was a distraction" He reported to his brother, as he momentarily glanced at me, the distraction.

"don't worry yourselves" Susan shouted over from the campfire "me and peter were more than successful" she was roasting a wild boar over the fire. it looked almost cooked so we made our way over and sat down, readying ourselves for the meal.

Peter took the roasted boar from the fire and with two sticks tore apart the meat, handing everyone a piece.

"Thankyou" I said "I bet this is much different to the last meal you had in Narnia"

Peter chortled at my remark and replied "you're not kidding"

My own hunger surprised me as I easily devoured the entire slab of meat I was handed, I wasn't used to this much adventure.

Lucy gasped mischievously as if a brilliant idea had struck her "we should play a game!"

"Oh no.." Edmund replied sarcastically.

"I'm with him," trumpkin said "I'm not playing any game of yours"

"Oh come on D.L.F, have a little fun won't you?" Susan combated.

"I'll play" I said to Lucy with a kind smile. It was the least I could do to cheer her up she and Susan had been so friendly to me.

"Fine. I'll play" Edmund said rather soon after I did.

"What exactly are we playing?" Peter said.

Lucy chuckled "okay you all have to guess which Narnian creature I am, you have 20 questions, and trumpkin you are playing"

A loud sigh was heard from where Trumpkin was sat.

"Do you have four legs?" Susan asked.

"No" lucy replied with a devious chuckle.

Edmund leaned towards me and quietly said "you should be awesome at this after our conversation earlier" and smiled as he moved back to his former seat.

"Yeah well I was too busy fawning over you to have paid attention" I laughed in return.

Edmund heard my terrible joke and erupted into laughter as the guessing resumed, lucy had now been asked about four questions.

"Do you live on land?" I asked.

"No." Lucy replied.

Trumpkin shot into action, which surprised all of us as we had never witnessed him act enthusiastically, "ooh! I know" he almost seemed giddy "merfolk!" He said proudly.

"Yes!" Lucy squealed, as she ran over to trumpkin taking his hands and beginning to dance.

Me and Edmund began to giggle.

"I didn't know he could even smile" i chortled

"...or dance" Edmund added with that stupid grin on his face that caused me to snigger much more.

"Right, it's getting late" peter started to say "lets all get some sleep so we are ready for whatever will happen tomorrow"

We all arose from being sat down. Lucy, Susan and I automatically gathered on one side of the fire while the boys settled across from us. We lay down next to each other for warmth on the surprisingly soft bed of leaves.

"goodnight" peter said from across the fire.

Which earnt a cheery "night everyone!" from lucy, A slurred and slow "goodnight guys" from Susan, An adorably drowsy "goodnight" From Edmund A grunt from trumpkin, and a short and sleepy "goodnight from me" .